Removing oil pan.

• Sponsors (?)

When I was taking my motor out of the car--I wasn't able to without getting the engine up a bit. If you have access to a hoist you might be able to get it out with just undoing the motor mounts, however don't stress on your transmission too much.

Thanks for the help. I do have access to all the tools, my dad has a great setup and I just put the motor back in. I think in the process of installing the long tubes I dented my oil pan. Upon first start up I noticed a chattering coming from the oil pan. My dad then loosened the front of the oil pan and it went away, and there is a dent at the front of the pan.

The pans are pretty cheap so hopefully you'll catch a break and be able to fix it with a swap. Since you have had the motor out, i'm sure you've figured out the best method to get the motor up (upon my first wrenching it took me a while since I was still "figuring" it all out, but since I have been there it takes no time haha)
How large is the dent?

Its not real deep but kinda big, enough for the crank to hit it. The last time it run was in July and it wasnt doing this. My dad is pretty sure that if I get the dent out it will be fine. I hope so because its been down forever. The motor hit the k-member a couple of times during the process of fighting the lt's, so I think thats where it come from. Other than that, the build went great other than no cams. I'am getting ready to go to my dads to work on it so I'll let you know how it went. Thanks for the help.

It can be done easily enough. Just make sure its secure before you go putting ur hands under there..... Don't want to loose a hand after all the work you've done.

+1 on watching the trans to make sure you don't damage it.