Replacing front brake pads

• Sponsors (?)

Comparing my old front pads to the new ones, the old ones are only 1/4 worn. They are 75% of the new ones. Should I still replace them?
The rears were 1/2 worn so I replaced them.

they just want you to replace the bolts because you really arent supposed to reuse any bolts on a car. but thats in a perfect world. when i would stop by the dealer to pick up strut bolts they didnt have any and just said to reuse the old ones. you can buy new bolts from like NAPA or Rock Auto.

I wouldn't use just any bolt, I'd get a replacement that meets or exceeds the requirements. I believe that you need a grade 8 bolt. you can check home depot and lowes, they have them sometimes.

stangg01 said:
Comparing my old front pads to the new ones, the old ones are only 1/4 worn. They are 75% of the new ones. Should I still replace them?
The rears were 1/2 worn so I replaced them.

If you already have it apart then id replace them if not then wait until they are in need of replacing. I never replace the bolts unless they look like they have started to rust or something.

75% i'd still leave em on. Especially if you planned on replacing them with parts store pads. I'd rather run the OEM pads down to 1/4 or so before I replace them....with another set of OEM or Hawk pads.