Replacing Front Springs

Jessup_16

Jun 25, 2014
I have had my car apart all winter and just finished replacing the driver side spring. I had new springs laying around for awhile they are almost exact free length of the old bagged out springs. I was just wondering if there is any tips or tricks before I try to install the driver side because that was brutal. Also after the new spring was in I noticed the upper part of the spindlejust barely rubbing on the spring when it is jacked up with no weight in the spring. It also appears the absorber may be also touching the inside of the spring while not loaded also.it appears if the spring has a slight curve to it while no load is on it. It's been apart so long I have no idea what it looked like with the old springs in for clearance. I also installed speedway up and lower control and arms at the same time. I assumed these springs where the same lbs as the factory ones but now I am not so sure they did not seems much stiffer, basically I just need to know if I missed something installing the new springs

• Sponsors (?)