• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Replacing just the clutch disk?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mustang30240
  • Start date Start date Feb 2, 2008
M

Mustang30240

Member
Jun 6, 2005
46
0
6
Feb 2, 2008
#1
  • Feb 2, 2008
  • #1
After pulling the motor out of my car the clutch disk didnt have very much life left after being in the car about a year. It was a Spec stage 2 plus, so I was curious to see if it would be okay to just replace the disk with a Mcleod one. I dont really have the funds to drop 400$ on a whole Mcleod setup. Any other options are welcome!
 

5spd GT

"the 5.0 owns all"
Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
9,516
6
99
Arkansas
Feb 2, 2008
#2
  • Feb 2, 2008
  • #2
I have replaced just the clutch disc before with no issues.

This is using the same brand clutch disc as the pressure plate though.
 
D

Deleted member 87397

Feb 2, 2008
#3
  • Feb 2, 2008
  • #3
What kind of power are you putting down with the car and how do you drive it? If you wore out a Spec stage 2 in a year you may have some adjusment isssues.
 
M

Mustang30240

Member
Jun 6, 2005
46
0
6
Feb 2, 2008
#4
  • Feb 2, 2008
  • #4
the car was stock at the time and I do drive it pretty hard, I figured I might be having some adjustment issues so a few months ago I bought a MM cable, MM quad, and a fiore firewall adjuster... So If I buy just another 2+ disk I should be good?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
360
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
280
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
143
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
406
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
455
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?