Replacing Motor mounts?

gcomfx.com

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
Republic, MO
Pulled my stock engine, and the rubber in the motor mounts look rough. Recommendations? I'm on a tight budget and in a hurry. :p

I've heard vert mounts are different and better?

I definitely don't want to RAISE the new engine any, lowering it would be great. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I think that you may end up with $35/side, plus shipping, in stock replacements. (I checked the Advance Auto Parts website.) For a few more bux, you get an upgrade that you'll likely never have to worry about again.

Just swapped out my stock replacement mounts I bought from autozone for some drop mounts. I can let them go very very cheap as I wont be using them anymore, less than 300 miles on them, need a pic, let me know.

Never mind on the Autozone ones. I just bought the ones from Blue Oval.... hopefully they will make it here before the w/e. If not, I'll just get everything else ready first. Plenty to do.

They should. I ordered headlights for my lightining and a steering shaft for my Cobra, and I got the parts pretty fast...within 2-3 days. The parts are left over Ford stuff, and cheaper brand performance parts, but everything is great!! Good company.

The mounts are easy to replace too, you should notice a difference, I know I did when I went from 2 broken ones on an older GT to two new ones!!:nice:

I sorta insulted the owner a year or so ago on a smoke cobra headlight group buy. I don't remember the details, but it was a VERY small discount for 15-20 purchases at once. I felt his reply meant he took it very personal, so I have intentionally avoided buying from him up until this point. In case there were some hard feelings.

I asked him about a shipping discount on ordering sub-frames as well with the motor mounts. BOTH auctions listed to check for shipping discounts. I was told they ship separately so no discount for me. Doesn't make sense to list an offer like that if you can't have it.... but I guess we'll see how the order goes.

Guess so.... I'm all about customer service. The Blue Oval deal wasn't a money exchange. Just a difference of opinions on what a "deal" is. As you can see, I'm giving their place another go. They have good stuff, and descent prices if you can catch things on ebay right.

BuyFordRacing... not a chance. Getting cussed at by the owner, over their problems. That's a complete write-off in my book. That place doesn't know the meaning of customer service in my opinion.