Reputable Machine Shop Needed In North Atlanta Area

I'm rebuilding my original 5.0 from my 1990 coupe and was hoping to hear if anyone has a machine shop they would recommend. I live in the Kennesaw/Acworth area and have experience with one of the local machine shops, but was curious of there are some others I'm overlooking. I'm especially looking for a shop that bores and hones with torque plates installed and references their machine operations off of crankshaft centerline. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Good luck. You can't get anything done right in Georgia. I live in Cherokee County. I truck all my machine work down to Florida. Everyone told me to Goza in Acworth. I talked to the guy and I wasn't impressed.

Kurt

I think John Kaase's shop is probably within driving distance from you. But I have no idea if they do outside work, or just build engines.

joe

We use to use total engine systems somewhere near Atlanta... They repaired the block when we kicked a rod a few years ago also

Thanks for all the comments! I'll have a look at Barnett Performance and Total Engine Systems.
I've had a flywheel resurfaced at Goza and was skeptical of the quality for the money I paid.

I'll let you know where I end up......

If you need a flywheel resurface, go to the clutch exchange in Powder Springs. It's some old timer with no mortgage, and he charges $16/flywheel. Uses the biggest stone grinder you have ever seen in your life.

ProLine engines is obviously really good, and not far away, but very expensive. Understandably so.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user