resleeve of m/c - brass or stainless??

67GTFB

Nov 29, 1999
I'm still working through the restoration of the OEM front disk brake system and now that I'm over the booster rebuild matter (ain't broke; don't fix), I now need to deal with repairing the m/c - it's pitted enough that I think it needs to be resleeved .... found a Raybestos rebuild kit (MK549) that has the internal parts for the pwr, dual bowl disk m/c, but I need to learn more about resleeving .... seems there are two choices - brass or stainless used for the sleeve .... it's not a wear issue as much as I can tell/learned from web sites .... one particular site noted that one can break a m/c installing a stainless sleeve, hence they use brass .... any insights, experience, war stories greatly appreciated ... also, recommendations of places you have used to have your resleeving done also appreciated ....

btw, yes I did the obligatory search of posts here and found essentially nothing on this specific matter .... and yes, I do want to re-use the original m/c as a "new" m/c for this application doesn't match the OEM spacing of the ports .... it's just me ....

TIA

• Sponsors (?)

OK, thanks for the tips/leads!! .... was leaning towards stainless anyway .... will checkout SSBC ... always better when you can leverage experience .... already rebuilt the calipers using new SS "pucks" from SSBC, btw .... painted them "hooker lips red" too ....

update on SS resleeve of m/c

just got off the phone with SSBC ... unfortunately for me, they are no longer doing resleeving .... guess I'll go with KARP's unless otherwise advised ....