resto-mod almost done, custom wheels, give me your thoughts

Well ive been lurking around here as we've been finishing off the car. It was a project my dad, myself, and our mechanic have been working on since september, and its just now almost done. I havent seen many (actually i dont think any) turquoise mustangs on here, so i thought id post some pics. Before the restoration the engine was shot, it handled horrible, and had problems all over. Although i havent gotten to drive it yet (and won't get to until at least late spring due to ohio weather), i think its pretty much safe to save it is a completely different car.

Complete engine rebuild 289 bored .30 over, GT40P heads, more aggresive cam (dont have specs with me), edelbrock performer intake and carb, the k-code exhaust manifolds, and a bunch of engine stuff im probably forgetting. Dual exhausts out a new gt valance as well

Suspension and brakes: front rebuild with one inch lowering coils. In the rear a 9" ford rear end with a detriot locker and 3.55 gears, new leaf springs. Disc brakes all around, dual master cylinder. 15" vintage 50 wheels with custom paint (the silver blue color that the grille is painted, i cannot remember the name of the paint, maybe something like silver argent)

Exterior: shelby side scoops, shelby grille, gt valance, shelby bullet style rearview mirror, aluminum rocker delete, and custom painted stripes (a little skinnier than the shelbys, a little fatter than the GT, a good balance imo)

Its got a ton of small things too like a new gas tank and whatnot, its amazing how much stuff needs replaced when your dealing with a classic....

anyway here's the pics. I'd like to see what everyone thinks.

more pics at http://www.cardomain.com/id/nnnick65

363957_32_full.jpg

363957_35_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Very nice!

Don't forget Tylers65 is turquoise.

I really like the Shelby-esque touches you've added, and oh how I wish I could get my paws on a 9" with 3.50 gears and disc brakes. :nice:

I have to admit that is the best car I have seen that color, not my favorite, but I like the black stripes and side scoops. I think tose rims are nice but I could also see it with some nice black magnums or torque thrusts :shrug:
Don't want you to change what you have I just think a little more black in the rims would be nice.

Wheels look fine, man . . . different, but fine. Actually, different is good this day and age.

Might want to look into some Toyo tires, though ;), if you're going to be driving much. But, eh, I'm a little biased!

i had toyos on my last car and loved em. But we got a good deal on these firestones and they got really good reviews at tire rack so i thought we'd give em a shot.

The wheels are pretty much a shelby replica too (shelbys were a little different, but they had a wheel that was pretty simular in 66 i believe), so that was another motivation, but i really like the wheels. We wanted 15's, and most restomods now a days put 17 torque thrusts, so if we ever went to a show or cruise we'd just be shown up by a lot of people with bigger rims, so the 15" vintage 50s seemed like a good way to go. thanks for the compliments yall.