Rev limit on an LA3?

ib_steed

Aug 13, 2003
Sunnyvale, CA
I'm curious what the Rev limit is set at in an LA3 computer from a TC. Is there any way around it? (besides an MSD ignition system, its on the wish list...) I'm looking to hit 7k, maybe 7.5k.

thanks! :banana:
-Ryan

• Sponsors (?)

aww geez people im serious here. It feels like im playing 20 questions... why the minimal information? :mad: it'd realy be nice if ya told me something usefull, like some names... I currently dont know of any tuners and what not for our computers. how bout some specifics? maybe some information on them...

thanks...
-Ryan

ib_steed said:
aww geez people im serious here. It feels like im playing 20 questions... why the minimal information? :mad: it'd realy be nice if ya told me something usefull, like some names... I currently dont know of any tuners and what not for our computers. how bout some specifics? maybe some information on them...

thanks...
-Ryan

we were giving you details. theres not a whole lot more to removing the rev limiter than

Tuner, Chip, or standalone

ib_steed said:
sorry jman, i was just hoping for some names, or anything that could help me find info.
thanks i4power, is "EEC tuner" a name for one? ill check out TwEECer too, thanks!

-Ryan

Yeah, i'm pretty sure thats the name, Ryan. I'm not too sure how it works, i've just read about it alot on turboford and such.

after a quich check of them, i think the TwEECer seems the best/easiest. I'll do some checking on Turboford too.
I also found the snEEC-IV. they all seem to be about the same but different :)
they're all around $380. Maybe i can arrange to get one for christmas...
Thanks for giving me a starting point to look for these things.
If anyone knows of any other 'tuners' for the EEC-IV post em.

Thanks,
-Ryan

Stinger said:
You can pick them up for less on ebay...I got my eec tuner for quite a bit less than "list price".

The snEEC IV won't work with low impedence turbo injectors.

Stinger
thanks very much for the info on the snEEC-IV!! wasnt too keen on it anyhow, but now its definutely out. im likein the TwEECer. anyone used it, or know much about it? is the RT worth it?
and i always seem to forget about e-bay..... thanks for the reminder -- again...

thanks,
-Ryan

ib_steed said:
thanks very much for the info on the snEEC-IV!! wasnt too keen on it anyhow, but now its definutely out. im likein the TwEECer. anyone used it, or know much about it? is the RT worth it?
and i always seem to forget about e-bay..... thanks for the reminder -- again...

thanks,
-Ryan

i've hung out in the 5.0 forums quite abit(yes my friends got a 5.0 so i keep an eye on stuff ;o) ) they swear by the tweecer, many of them (who go turbo or s/c) say the RT is worth it, just remember, if changing the limiter is all you want to do, then the RT is not for you. (hey it rymed.*ehem*) Its deffinatly a powerful custom tunner thats for sure. too bad its a lil pricey :notnice: