• Sponsors (?)

This is what came with the kit

resizewizard14do.jpg

Attachments

• resizewizard14do.jpg
    resizewizard14do.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 91
:) Hey Zinc,
I've never done reverse glows before but, i bought the little led kit to light your needles up like 5 years ago with a different car, and had to 'pop the needles off', for that, they do come off but - as with anytime you're pulling on something plastic, be gentle - you can tell if it's going to break, if it is - stop. if all else fails, go to the ford dealership, and say you want to TALK to someone in the service department, or - go back there and find someone - i've always had good luck with just asking them something straight out, tell them you're trying to take your needles off, and ask how it works, i've had them hop in my car and do it for me if it was something really easy, no charge obviously - some techs are damn decent people, and they know how most of the car comes apart anyway :D .

Also, in response to your other post, I wasn't trying to chastise you for multiple threads, it' good to ask - just, try to stick as many as you can in the same thread, instead of making a whole bunch of new ones, but it's understandable that the questions come at different times. Good luck with your gauges. :)

thanks for the info man. reason for my seperate posts is if anyone else comes with the same problem they can find it a lot easier then going through a thread with multiple questions and multiple answers which might be confusing. yea im affraid to pop my needles one is breaking them the other is if i put them back i wont really know if they will be configured to be acurate

ZincPony said:
do the needles pop off as in off all the way. out.

They, might. I will tell you something that, I don't know if you know or not but whne you hookeverything back up... if you didn't do it right the speedo and tach are going to be off, so make sure you hook everything up right. Otherwise you'll probably have to pull'em out again.

Ok, you've gotta be smarter than the platic to do it right. I used this for mine:http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/whtf1.htm. However, I did tweak it here and there because I had a different product and items to install. Instead of popping the speedo and tach needles off I just slipped the face OVER the needles. I dont know if you can do it with yours or not, but I could. BE VERY CAREFUL! Those needles are extremely fragile. I DID pull of my other smaller needles though beacuse they are simple to reinstall later.

Take pictures! Take plenty of picture of your car before while is running in park, and also write down your speed and RPMS as you drive..say 25, 45, 50mph i.e. Whatever is easy for you. Like I said before, If you can avoid the calibration step altogether..DO IT! But be extremely careful and don't force it over if it won't go.

Follow that link I gave you and if you still have questions, just post, IM, or PM me.

BTW, use a fork to pull the needles. Point the prongs in the direction of the needle (so you don't break the little plastic nub under them) and slowwwwly pry upwards. Mine still flew across the room when they came off, but just be aware of it..so yes they come completely off.

umm if i slide it over the needles ill still have the original black facing underneath wont that be too thick for the nedles to moves
or have problems with the under facing. over heating or anything like so

Well, look at the backside of your new gauges. If there is no sticky stuff to use, then it just slides in place. that trim bezel under the plastic is what holds down the face. I cheated with mine though. If it was sticking up a tiny bit too high for the needle to move, I just pried it up 1mm or so just so it could turn freely. I only had to do it with my speedo too.

Ok, your gauges go ontop of the old ones, you don't need to peel the old black stuff off. Try to slip it over like I said. Dont worry about the needles to pull em off. point the fork prongs in the same direction the need points and slowly pry up. It works. leave the speedo and tach needles on and try to slip the guages over the two at the same time. Im not sure what those green wires are for though :shrug: Look at the directions