Reverse goes forward???

1996 gt 5spd manual, nothing fancy just a well loved old beater.

I replaced the 2 freeze plugs behind the flywheel and just got my t45 back in it and fired up. Well now the d*mn thing goes forward when I shift into reverse and there's a horrible binding sound when I push my brake pedal, but it sounds like the binding is coming from the motor.....someone please show me the error of my ways before I burn this mf'er to the ground hahahah

• Sponsors (?)

Ok.....stock driveshaft, replacement t45 out of a 99 Gt, almost new clutch/pressure plate, friction disc and throw out bearing. Friction disc is centered, pressure plate bolted down to specs.....I start the car in neutral an it sounds amazing, I shift into reverse to get my front tires off my ramps and the damn thing drives itself up and almost over the top of my ramps. I push my brake pedal in an it sounds like the motor is no binding up...

When the car is not running, can you cycle the shifter through each gear smoothly?

Pressing brake pedal to cause engine running issues, the only thing I can think of is if you have a hydroboost system, there may something wrong with the power steering pump.

Just a dumb check: Are you sure you got it into Reverse and not accidentally in 4th? Did you change the shifter? Maybe the first shift is feeling different than you are used to?

Would explain the direction, but not the engine binding when the brake is depressed, I don't have anything for that now.