Reverse In A T-5

So I have finally gotten my stang back on the road after about 2 years. Its a 93 Lx manual. I am now having a issue of when I go to put my car in reverse, it seems that I am putting the sifter up against a gear that is spinning really fast. I have to shut off my car and then put it in reverse, start back up to go backwards....Today it seemed that me gears in general were very hard to get into and I had to force 2nd and 3rd most of the time. Could you guys and gals provide some suggestions of where to start looking? Also the car has over 100,000 miles (not sure if its the original engine and trans) also replaced the clutch about 5,000 miles ago.

Thank you for the help

Drew

• Sponsors (?)

Well, reverse in a T-5 is unsynchronized, BUT around late 1993 they started to add a synchro to the T-5. Given 20+ years, it's hard to say if your T-5 is original or not if you only acquired it recently.

Typically, if you shift into a forward gear to stop the spinning, and then shift into reverse, it should work. Many people (myself included) go to 4th (or 5th) gear and then into reverse.

If you do this, and then still find you can't get into reverse (or it grinds) then you have a clutch disengagement issue and need to adjust your clutch cable due to dragging.