Reverse offset wheels-anyone still use 'em

89lx5o

Apr 10, 2004
Is anyone running a 15x8 reverse offset Cragar S/S wheel on the back of their 69 or 70 fastback? I know that it's not the style today but it was when I was younger and that's the look I want for my 70. Does anyone have any pics, new or old? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I love that look. It's the way they used to be when I was growing up. Cragar S/S wheels with 60's on the back and 70's on the front. Man, what a stance those cars had.

67GTA-FB429 said:
But the tire width will be a lot smaller with reverse offset and it puts a lot of load on the wheel bearings since the load is carried way out at the end.

Good luck with your quest.

He's only talking about using the reverse offset wheels on the rear. I don't think its as critical on the rear as it is on the front.

I had a buddy that had 14x6 wheels on the front and 15x7 full reverse on the rear with 265/50/15's, eventually traded them for some 15x10s that the outer lip was in the same position and put 295's on there. This was on a '67 coupe. Looked cool in the mid/late 80's.

The green 69 with baby moons on the front was my first mustang that I drove in high school. Picture was taken in spring 1980. Second is my current 69 shortly after I bought it in 1984. Its gone through some changes, yes the dual antennas are gone.

Attachments

• 1st Mustang.gif
    1st Mustang.gif
    55.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Latest 69.gif
    Latest 69.gif
    67.9 KB · Views: 131
I'm having some Budniks (Cobalts) made for my car right now (they were suposed to be in before Thanksgiving :bang: ) I special ordered them, so they are taking about two months to build.

18 x 12" , 5 1/4" back spacing, reverse, valve stem on the inside, and full pollish. $811 each!!!! Ouch!!!!

They are not going to stick out though. I got them reverse so that there won't be any second ridge on the dish of the rim. I'm not sure if this was your goal though. Or if your were going for the nostalgia. I'm sure that most high end wheel makers could build them reverse, but with a normal back spacing.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Kirk.

That pic was taken in the late 70's and was my friends car when we were 19 or 20. He died in 83 and the famiy moved, I found them in 2002 and they still had the car in a barn, looks a lot different (rust, wheels where sold engine sold) but I will restomod it. :rolleyes:

If you can't find Cragar's that just means you haven't looked. Summit Racing still list's them. They never went away. Only 60-70's style that's not currently mfg. are the aluminum slots, which I'm running on both my V8 89 Ranger and my 95 E150 van. Good luck though with those Cragar's, the reason you don't see old ones around is because they had a nasty habit of shedding the chrome from their centers.Not to mention the rims rusting.