right front wheel

• Sponsors (?)

If you jack up the front, grab the wheel at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions and shake back and forth. If there is play, it is most likely the tie rods. If you grab it at 6 and 12, and it rocks, most likely ball joints. My car does the same thing on wet parking structure surfaces...I think its because our cars are rear wheel drive, and on the wet ground, it is easier for the tires to slide over the surface at full lock rather than turn over it. I bet it will do the same thing on the left tire, but you only go take right turns (or left) in your parking lot, which is why it seems to only be one side.

thanks

blk92stangg said:
If you jack up the front, grab the wheel at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions and shake back and forth. If there is play, it is most likely the tie rods. If you grab it at 6 and 12, and it rocks, most likely ball joints. My car does the same thing on wet parking structure surfaces...I think its because our cars are rear wheel drive, and on the wet ground, it is easier for the tires to slide over the surface at full lock rather than turn over it. I bet it will do the same thing on the left tire, but you only go take right turns (or left) in your parking lot, which is why it seems to only be one side.
i have torched some a arms to get the bushing out on another car before but i heard that the entire a arm must be replaced on the mustang. what do you think i know whats best but i dont have 2 bills

Well, I have never changed bushings before, I know you need a press to get them into the control arm tho. Ball joints also need to be pressed in. Tie rods can be done at home, but you need to get it aligned after you change them. There is a lot of info if you do a search one them, and you can decide what you want to do.

ill add to blk92's list. if you have movement at both 6 and 12 AND 9 and 3, check and adjust your wheel bearings - them being lose will flaw the tests.

dont forget about the sway bar. give it a good tug. the brackets can break.

get back to us with what you find and we will help you spend money. you need to do some checking first, IMHO.
good luck.

oh yeah, more long shot stuff to check. do a rebound test on the strut. check spring isolators. make sure the grease cap did not fall off and is rattling around in the wheel. the bushing on the top of the strut can take a dump too.