Rims for a 1991 Ford Mustang Convertible.

Blueinfan

Mar 18, 2021
Temecula
Hi All, Need some assistance installing some rims on my car.
I bought the entire - PBR Front 5 Lug Disc Brake Full Conversion Kit For Ford Fox Mustang GT LX 87-93 and was wondering if some CP21 18x9.5 Gun Metal 5x114.3 et20 will fit?

The car is stock but want to install the Eibach Pro springs, Upper and lower control arms and away bar.

Attachments

• CP21J895GM-20_circuit-performance-cp21-18x9.5-gun-metal-5x114.3-et20_08.jpg
    CP21J895GM-20_circuit-performance-cp21-18x9.5-gun-metal-5x114.3-et20_08.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Sponsors (?)

This is the kit - I bought
Premium Front And Rear 5 Lug PBR Brake Conversion Kit For a Fox Mustang! Included Is A set Of 1994-1995 Front Spindles With Brand New Hubs And Brand New Dust Shields modified to fit the Spindles Perfectly As well as Grade 8 Ball joint Spacers For Perfect Fitment, Freshly Turned Front Rotors, Refreshed and Checked Front Twin Piston PBR Brake Calipers In your choice Of Red, Black, And Silver, To Go Along with these Seriously Strong Calipers is A set Of Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses That Connect Directly Into your Fox Without the Need Of Any Adapters And Brand New Ceramic Brake Pads

For The Rear Brake Kit Is A set Of Brand New Summit Racing Brand 28 Spline ( Fox Sized Spline Count) Rear Axles That Come out to the Same exact Wing Span Of the OEM Fox Axles, Also Comes With Brand New Rear Rotors, New Rear Ceramic Brake Pads, Refreshed And Painted Rear Calipers In your Choice Of Red Black And Silver, Rear Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Anti-Moan Bracket, Mounting Plate For the Rear Caliper With Dust Shield, And A brand new E-Brake Conversion Kit From LMR Made Specifically For this 5 Lug Disc Conversion. Also Included is a Brand New Wilwood Prop Valve, A bigger Brake Booster and Master Cylinder

Attachments

• 5 lug kit.JPG
    5 lug kit.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 5 lug2.JPG
    5 lug2.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 5 lug3.JPG
    5 lug3.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 124
Those look like 96-04 spindles (just so you are aware).

Freshly turned rotors ? ... Are they used rotors and calipers? New ones should not need to be turned. Just so you know, I have no issues with used, in fact my complete system is used.
Dust shields shouldn't need to be modified to fit spindles either.

Sounds like a pretty complete kit though.

Those look like 96-04 spindles (just so you are aware).

Freshly turned rotors ? ... Are they used rotors and calipers? New ones should not need to be turned. Just so you know, I have no issues with used, in fact my complete system is used.
Dust shields shouldn't need to be modified to fit spindles either.

Sounds like a pretty complete kit though.
I'll be buying new rotors. But yes all used calipers and rotors and spindles. But he did provided a bigger brake booster and brake fluid reservoir from a Cobra.

Turned rotors are fine, just hope you didn't pay new part prices.

I used rotors as pulled from the wreckers. Just make sure there are no grooves or raised edges and you are good.

Turned rotors are fine, just hope you didn't pay new part prices.

I used rotors as pulled from the wreckers. Just make sure there are no grooves or raised edges and you are good.
Will do! BTW- Do you think I'll be able to fit 18x9 in the front and 18x10 in the back? I'm aiming for this stance on my 1991 Convertible.

Attachments

• Stance I'm looking for.png
    Stance I'm looking for.png
    371.4 KB · Views: 313
20200601_200403.jpg

I am going to put 18x9s on shortly, so I have thought about this a lot lately. The rim specs you gave (18x9.5 with 20mm offset) should put the front wheel outer lip about a 1/4" further out than the pic here. I have the same 96-04 spindles (which push the rim out further than 94-95 spindles). Going that wide of a rim may hit on the inner frame or control arm, you would have to check or others may have experience with rims that wide. The 18x9s I am going with (Saleen Reps) have a 24mm offset and should be almost exactly where my current outer lip is.

Reactions: 1 user
20200601_200403.jpg

I am going to put 18x9s on shortly, so I have thought about this a lot lately. The rim specs you gave (18x9.5 with 20mm offset) should put the front wheel outer lip about a 1/4" further out than the pic here. I have the same 96-04 spindles (which push the rim out further than 94-95 spindles). Going that wide of a rim may hit on the inner frame or control arm, you would have to check or others may have experience with rims that wide. The 18x9s I am going with (Saleen Reps) have a 24mm offset and should be almost exactly where my current outer lip is.
So then i should increase my offset to +30?

That depends.

You have given multiple contradicting bits as to what your combination will be. You have said a front rim of 18x9.5 and 18x9. Which one? What tire are you planning running up front?

Second contradiction is regarding spindles... you said they are 94-95 and the pics show 96-04. They have an impact on what offset. Which ones do you have (or WILL get)?

That depends.

You have given multiple contradicting bits as to what your combination will be. You have said a front rim of 18x9.5 and 18x9. Which one? What tire are you planning running up front?

Second contradiction is regarding spindles... you said they are 94-95 and the pics show 96-04. They have an impact on what offset. Which ones do you have (or WILL get)?
Sorry if I do but I'm trying to see the options I have.

I think I should of asked the question like this - What size of rims can I go with this caliper converstion, PBR Brake Conversion, Of a 1994-1995 . I'm looking at varies rims and tires. Here is another example.

As you know, people tend to mod their car varies ways and if they don't like it then they will change it again.

Attachments

• LX.jpg
    LX.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 310