Rocks Break Windows!!!

striker911411

Jun 21, 2013
Done being upset but feeling under the weather over this. My son tosses a bolt I needed to fix my car in the lawn. Cant find it. While I was looking my daughter throws a rock into my rear hatch glass and busted it bigger than SHT. No way. Yes way.

So I am thinking of the 1/8" lexan. Is it rock safe? Worth losing my rear defrost VS butt dyno? Be kind. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

lexan will tend to haze and gather fine scratches. I wouldnt put it on a daily. would in all honesty be cheaper to find another hatch.

Hatch glass is also cheap and plentiful used, so buy a decent used glass with defrost and you'll be all set.

Lexan is not street legal, has some durability issues with regard to sun exposure and hazing, and is generally not great for a street car.

Hatch glass is also cheap and plentiful used, so buy a decent used glass with defrost and you'll be all set.

Lexan is not street legal, has some durability issues with regard to sun exposure and hazing, and is generally not great for a street car.

Not to mention that the rear glass is an integral part of car's structure should you ever be in a crash.