Rollbar: Weekend Progress PICS!!!

69clark

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Ravena, NY
Well I finally got the AutoPower roll bar put in this weekend. I have to give a shoot out to my buddy Kris, it is definately a 2 man job, especially tightening the bolts. On top of that we were both sick as dogs and about ready to pass out, but work had to get done to stay on schedule.

I wanted to do pics from start to end, but its hard for me to do because I just get involved in a project and I don't want to stop to take pics. So the pics are from halve way through the project, after we had painted and fitted the bar.

Don't worry about the dirty floor, it will get vacuumed but the interior was a construction site this weekend for sure. Let me know what you think.

rollbar001.jpg

rollbar017.jpg

rollbar027.jpg

rollbar033.jpg

rollbar040.jpg

rollbar035.jpg

:SNSign:

Attachments

• rollbar001.jpg
    rollbar001.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 61
  • rollbar017.jpg
    rollbar017.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 58
  • rollbar027.jpg
    rollbar027.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 63
  • rollbar033.jpg
    rollbar033.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 54
  • rollbar040.jpg
    rollbar040.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 47
  • rollbar035.jpg
    rollbar035.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Sponsors (?)

I like the rear seat delete. That looks like something I could easily fab up myself for my '87. Did you make yours? I wonder how much weight it saves over the stock rear seat. Soon i'll be putting a child seat back there though! And the roll bar is looking killer especially with the seats in. Are you going to attach the five points to the bar behind the seat?

Yes I made the rear seat delete. I bought one a few years back and when it showed up I didn't like the quality so I made my own.

Yes I will be going with 5 point harnesses.

Bought the rollbar from here: http://www.tuxedoparkracing.com/index.html
Call and talk to Sheila, they quoted me $360.

For as much as I race I am not corcerned with the track rules. I don't think its legal, but I think I can get in at my local track. lol

It should stiffen it some, but no I didn't drive it yet. Not quite there yet.

That place is like 15min away from me...that blue rx7 was local and bad ass, he is on the local forum and is now building a 80 yota corrola or something.

That looks nice BTW-didnt say that in the first post. I have been tossing around the idea of getting a removeable bar one...GIR is fairly strict though.

Looks good but is definately not legal w/ the removable crossbar. Did you weld it in or is it bolted in?
If its welded it will stiffen the car up a great deal.
Lookin good!!:D

hey Tom, how close are you to the border? The reason I ask is because whenever the heads get delivered to urban, perhaps a few of us can meet up, I wouldn't mind getting an up close look at this car

Another flawless install tom, Love the interior is immaculate. Now I need to figure out a rear seat delete for my vert. Just havent seen anything thats cought my eye yet. Again very very nice.