Roller 351 short block just delivered

Zero_chance

Founding Member
May 29, 2001
Maricopa, AZ
Well after going back and forth between what I had in mind for the future, I found a good deal on Craigslist and completed the purchase. Roller 351 short block with rotating assembly for 200. It was originally 300 but I talked him down. Its not much to look at now, had 100K when pulled from the F250. Now I have to decide what to do with it. Make it a stroker (427????) or leave it at stock displacement now, except for a .030 over on the cylinders. I think a nicely built 351 would keep me happy for some time but it is tempting to go big with it... Ill have plenty of time to think about it as its going into the storage unit today with all my other parts that havent found a home yet. T5 and bellhousing, 3.73 gears, black interior conversion, etc etc.

• Sponsors (?)

If ya have any questions just ask i finished my swap last summer, i went EFI first then switched to carb so i can answer any questions you have. I also have a bunch of wiring diagrams and info.My car is up for sale in the classifieds but i think i have changed my mind and i am just going to keep it and finish it.

if i were doing it again, id make it a fairly low compression 393. then i could use 87 octane pump gas and i could also put on a blower later if i wanted

Ya im looking at doing a 393 now with mine, i like the idea of stock length rods and 302 pistons. But having over 400 cubes is tempting, but again going to a 6.2 rod im not sure about.From what ive been reading this 393 setup is bulletproof, very reliable, and lower cost.

I too have been looking at the 393 setup found on fordstrokers. For the price its really tempting. Im in no rush so Id likely just get the full kit from them so the bottom end wont be an issue. Im sure Ill probably change my mind a hundred times between now and the time Im ready to make the purchase. Im not even sending the block out to be machined until December or January so I have plenty of time to think.