Roller Rockers....Worth the money?

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
I was thinking my next upgrade would be roller rockers. Are they worth the investment? How hard are they to install? How much gain could I expect? Will the engine rev quicker? I also want to remove my Lunati cam and put in something more mild like an E303. The Lunati is nice but lumpy idle and the power comes on strong at like 3800 or so and I would like to have more power down lower. My mods are on the bottom, anyone reccomend any easy mods for power on the cheap to what I already have?

• Sponsors (?)

Ya, my bad:bang: The guy I bought it from said it had lots of things it does not have:bang: He said rollers, but I pulled a valve cover and saw stock ones:bang: He said 3.55's, it has 3.08's:bang: He said new head lights, one is melted the other has the bulb glued in place:bang: He said new clutch cable, it was glued to the shift fork with a cut nut used for cable slack adjustment:bang: I forgot to change my avatar, sorry:bang: :bang: :bang: He said cold A/C but the low high pressure hose was not even connected:bang:

Roller rockers won't net you much power. If you were going to change heads I would suggest going with some stud mounted roller rockers but if you are sticking with your stock heads, just leave it be. You can spend the 200 bucks or so elsewhere with more return.
Kevin

Roller rockers won't net you much power. If you were going to change heads I would suggest going with some stud mounted roller rockers but if you are sticking with your stock heads, just leave it be. You can spend the 200 bucks or so elsewhere with more return.
Kevin

What if you ARE looking to keep your stock heads and your current stock valvetrain doesn't prevent the valves from floating at high rpms? Would it be beneficial to put a better valvetrain in at THAT point? :shrug:

What if you ARE looking to keep your stock heads and your current stock valvetrain doesn't prevent the valves from floating at high rpms? Would it be beneficial to put a better valvetrain in at THAT point? :shrug:

if your floating valves on a stock motor chances are your springs are worn out and you are reving it to hard. the rockers only control how far the valves will open.

That is more of a spring issue than a rocker. The rocker doesn't prevent your valvetrain from floating. Idealy the roller rocker is just less friction between the valve stem and pushrod. The roller rocker really shines at mid to higher rpm especially with a healthy cam and stiff valve springs.
Kevin

Ya, my bad:bang: The guy I bought it from said it had lots of things it does not have:bang: He said rollers, but I pulled a valve cover and saw stock ones:bang: He said 3.55's, it has 3.08's:bang: He said new head lights, one is melted the other has the bulb glued in place:bang: He said new clutch cable, it was glued to the shift fork with a cut nut used for cable slack adjustment:bang: I forgot to change my avatar, sorry:bang: :bang: :bang: He said cold A/C but the low high pressure hose was not even connected:bang:

Did you buy the car "sight unseen" on ebay or something?