Roller Rockers

You guys are making it sound like I have to pull the heads in order to change the valve springs. Pulling the heads is not required in order to change the springs.
I never implied that , just
told you too if you decided to go the cam route due to the stress on the old springs they will float

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think the MAF from the Marquis has the same mapping as your Mustang. The only ones that I know are true plug and play are the 70MM MAF from a 94-95 Mustang. There is a list of interchangeable MAF's floating around. The rockers may add 10-15 hp but is it worth the time, effort and money, plus will they clear the stock valve covers. If you are pulling the intake and TB off the explorer why not take the heads and put new springs on them and the 1.7 RR- then you will have much better GT40 heads. That's what I did- upgraded to the TFS springs for $125 and had them cleaned up for another $100.

If you look up part # on 92 Marquis and 95 Mustang at autozone, they list the same part #.

I never implied that , just
told you too if you decided to go the cam route due to the stress on the old springs they will float

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

Ok sorry for mis reading you.

I feel like if I'm gonna start getting into head changes, it's crate motor time.

Not ready for that......... Yet.

Gonna go with the list I posted in this thread and see how I like it.

Stick with the bolt ons. Exhaust, pulleys,and, and an e-fan. Save the intake for later. If pulling heads seems daunting the intake isn't much easier and with the lower intake off the heads only have 8 more bolts holding them down.

Reactions: 1 user
Stick with the bolt ons. Exhaust, pulleys,and, and an e-fan. Save the intake for later. If pulling heads seems daunting the intake isn't much easier and with the lower intake off the heads only have 8 more bolts holding them down.

It's not that changing the heads is daunting. Ive rebuilt and ported heads in the past. My problem is that if I go that far, I just keep going. Like I said, stroker crate motor time.

I admit that what you say makes sense. But I still believe the combo of things I have planned will work good for some noticeable gains if tuned right.