Ron Francis sells junk

This Cobra 75 wiring loom from Ron Francis has been nothing but problems. I would not buy another one of these if it was the last wiring loom on Earth. It's Miss wired I've had relays that are wired wrong it will not get spark to the TFI. I've got to start I've got gas pressure I've got 12 volts at the coil but nothing through the wires that Ron Francis pulls to go to the TFI. So I have another problem with wiring that there is no way I could have caused. Can I just hotwire a hot and run and start for the hot wire on the TFI?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, any number of things could have gone wrong here…
Best thing might be to pull the harness back out, and start tracing each wire, comparing it to you stock harness diagram.

Do you have a factory diagram to work with?
Does your car vary in anyway from the stock diagram?

This a 4cyl to V8 conversation?
No just replacing the old one. Car was in an accident so front injector harness is from a 91. I'm thinking I'm gonna take the hot red w blue stripe and wire it to dizzy direct. It come on switched power . But I've wired everything in correctly. It's the cobra loom that has got a breech.any reason anyone knows that would make that a bad idea ?

Well, any number of things could have gone wrong here…
Best thing might be to pull the harness back out, and start tracing each wire, comparing it to you stock harness diagram.

Do you have a factory diagram to work with?
Does your car vary in anyway from the stock diagram?
I have factory and aftermarket diagrams. Everything I needed now AFTER installing it. Stock wiring harness was ripped out care lessly. The just say remove harness. I was not aware there is a engine harness and body harness and main harness. I hit part of main harness.

What vehicle are you working on? Year?
What harness did you get from Ron Francis? Model/part number?
Sounds like the injector harness has been replaced with something from a different model/year?

Did the body harness get put back to original?

Sorry to reply with more questions than you asked, but for me to feel comfortable giving advice, I would have to sit down with all these diagrams and trace all wires being questioned…

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
What vehicle are you working on? Year?
What harness did you get from Ron Francis? Model/part number?
Sounds like the injector harness has been replaced with something from a different model/year?

Did the body harness get put back to original?

Sorry to reply with more questions than you asked, but for me to feel comfortable giving advice, I would have to sit down with all these diagrams and trace all wires being questioned…
It's not needed from what they explained to me. Only the oil sending wire gets used off old one

Howdy Vristang ! I nailed this question down a bit tighter so it can be a source of laughter due to my childlike ignorance. After owning two notch backs and two gt and have current 90.lx thant. I've had fifteen years with this one. It special.
The red wire with blue tracer . It' supposedly it follows the

The key at ignition on the column. It fires the ECU and coil. The the TFI. And it will fire without the computer so I can check for flickering on negative side of coil. If it does it's getting sig nal fkrom pip will fire tfi moduale and I didnt get to see if it started . But can I just reconnect the power to the fire wire of distributor to bipass it ? I can say this is not a stand alone harness. Many mistakes they made and instructions are weaklol,?

I’ve got a ron Francis in my car, albeit not setup for a factory computer. Have you given them a call? They actually have pretty good customer service. I had to contact them, for something unrelated to troubleshooting, and got help quickly.

Which Cobra75 did you get?
Did you buy direct from Ron Francis?
No I bought from Late model restoration s. And I got it three years ago I didn't kep the box but it a stand alone cobra 75 made for mass air .

So you’ve narrowed down to where you suspect a single wire? Do you get continuity through the harness?
Maybe just a bad connector in one of the plugs?
I'm going to be testing I today . I have not proven to myself yet that the pip works. And or TFI module.they both came with the distrbutor I have a good test I learned yesterday that should tell me what's wrong on that circuit. I have not had good luck with Ron Francis tech line. I just need to know if I should hot inbb