Ron Francis sells junk

• Sponsors (?)

I believe the coil and tfi are on the same 12v circuit on their harness. You checked the tfi connector with key on and there is no voltage on the proper wire?

Personal choice on running new wire.
Me…. I would want to fix the issue in the harness, no matter if it was aftermarket, or some junk I pulled from a scrap yard.
I'm coming to agree with you on that point. I just talked to jonathan at LMR. He is been very helpful. I'm gonna test the whole circuit and see where I'm losing power. I just want this thing
What vehicle are you working on? Year?
What harness did you get from Ron Francis? Model/part number?
Sounds like the injector harness has been replaced with something from a different model/year?

Did the body harness get put back to original?

Sorry to reply with more questions than you asked, but for me to feel comfortable giving advice, I would have to sit down with all these diagrams and trace all wires being questioned…
Hey don't be sorry for trying to help ! And I'm kinda forgetting my manors. Thank you for your responses and trying to help. No stupid questions , only stupid answers , right? Better to be fully informed than trying to help in the dark. I'll post what I find so it can be explained for the next guy. Thanks for helping out!

I feel your pain brotha. i bought a new harness and asked for 24" of extra wire at the EEC plug also an extra 16" all the way around and got the stock dimensions for the TDZ-75 Harness I bought...

THEY SAID SEND IT BACK WE WILL REFUND YOU IF IT HASNT BEEN INSTALLED...

They also said they never get any people who complain about problems..Scott Bowers thinks hes a god to wiring....

Look at their Black Box setup below...It melted from flyback and NO DIODE PROTECTION!!

The Harness has EPA cheaters that eliminate the EGR and Thermactor but they were wired wrong and it fried 2 computers I had to send to florida to be repaired and the guy said heavy flyback and wiring issues.

I pulled the harness and made all of the repairs and added the extra length..

I also had to add diode protected relays to the relay block and a diode protected starter solenoid to keep the TFI modules and TPS's from frying......

In the top picture the Grey Standard brand relay has an extra circuit path...Thats the diode protection.

IMG_20211218_215121.jpg

IMG_20211221_152641.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-19 164256.jpg

IMG_20211220_035250.jpg

Believe me I wasted alot of loot in replacement parts to get that crap harness to work as I was talked into selling my old harness to somebody on another forum..
Screenshot 2021-12-19 211615.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-19 211549.jpg

Good Luck to you..

Oh and heres the schematic for the Tyco relays they use.....If you look it says not for automotive use........

The relays I replaced them withy are Standard RY112 diode protected relay from ebay .$9 bucks each

Screenshot 2021-12-18 214940.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-18 215222.jpg

I feel your pain brotha. i bought a new harness and asked for 24" of extra wire at the EEC plug also an extra 16" all the way around and got the stock dimensions for the TDZ-75 Harness I bought...

THEY SAID SEND IT BACK WE WILL REFUND YOU IF IT HASNT BEEN INSTALLED...

They also said they never get any people who complain about problems..Scott Bowers thinks hes a god to wiring....

Look at their Black Box setup below...It melted from flyback and NO DIODE PROTECTION!!

The Harness has EPA cheaters that eliminate the EGR and Thermactor but they were wired wrong and it fried 2 computers I had to send to florida to be repaired and the guy said heavy flyback and wiring issues.

I pulled the harness and made all of the repairs and added the extra length..

I also had to add diode protected relays to the relay block and a diode protected starter solenoid to keep the TFI modules and TPS's from frying......

In the top picture the Grey Standard brand relay has an extra circuit path...Thats the diode protection.

IMG_20211218_215121.jpg

IMG_20211221_152641.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-19 164256.jpg

IMG_20211220_035250.jpg

Believe me I wasted alot of loot in replacement parts to get that crap harness to work as I was talked into selling my old harness to somebody on another forum..
Screenshot 2021-12-19 211615.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-19 211549.jpg

Good Luck to you..
Wow you do know my pain! Holy moly ! I would have gone crazy if this had not fired. I mean I have been bat :poo: crazy for three years going at this car. I'd bypass the problem and buy new seats or something to divert the process of life. This is some good info here. Thank you! I want no more problems lol anything like this is golden info . I save it all . Thanks man !

Wow you do know my pain! Holy moly ! I would have gone crazy if this had not fired. I mean I have been bat :poo: crazy for three years going at this car. I'd bypass the problem and buy new seats or something to divert the process of life. This is some good info here. Thank you! I want no more problems lol anything like this is golden info . I save it all . Thanks man !
And funny thing at least Ron Francis said they would double qc one and swap it for me ? But like you said ? I have this installed. Come get it ! Lol

Well, any number of things could have gone wrong here…
Best thing might be to pull the harness back out, and start tracing each wire, comparing it to you stock harness diagram.

Do you have a factory diagram to work with?
Does your car vary in anyway from the stock diagram?
No. But the Ron Francis loom has one wire not the same as tfi. It's a ground and the only wire left is input data thru to ecu ..it never run.

No. But the Ron Francis loom has one wire not the same as tfi. It's a ground and the only wire left is input data thru to ecu ..it never run.
The TFI wire[Purple wire ] ISNT a GROUND wire!

If you've grounded it unhook it and hook it on the starter solenoid ! Theres a wire that triggers it...Hook the purple wire there...[pic below]

The Ron Francis harness although its wired wrong in the way its wired has only 1 ground wire and that is a thick 12 gauge BLACK wire that has a grounding loop on it and hooks to a cylinder head..

Below shows where the TFI start wire goes...If you read the instructions it says hook to the starter trigger wire and not the run wire or you'll get an undesired rev limiter as the engine is running,,,,
Screenshot 2022-10-08 004207.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-08 005356.jpg

I hooked mine direct to the start circuit wire on my ignition column switch under the dash...I even added a diode to stop Flyback.

On my truck the wire that triggers the starter solenoid is Purple w/orange stripe.

On the RF harness I had to change so much...... Pins #20,40,49 and 60 were all grounded together and even the grounds for the 02 sensors were melded in..

I now have 4 seperate grounding loops that go to the engine block,frame,fender and to the firewall. I also have a much cleaner harness that will have less errors.

I even used some weatherproof 4 wire flat connectors to hook up the peripherals..Say Goodbye to the pesky and cheesy 4 fuse-fuse holder and 4 relay-relay block..I now have my harness wired a very similar way that Ford does their harnesses..

The difference is like night and day in the way my truck runs,,,,After I put my Ford racing 47's in and redo the tune Ill get a more linear idle control. and hopefully a smoother ride in the lower end when in stop n go traffic...LOL but right now the difference is quite amazing....

Before I got gremlins when running and every time I shut the truck off and restarted it it always ran different...Now it runs the same and Ive been driving it almost a week....LOL

Before the cheap recycled wire burns up Im going to get a real ford ECU and Injector harness and modify that.......

IMG_20221007_094238.jpg
IMG_20221007_094232.jpg
IMG_20221007_094156.jpg
IMG_20221006_160150.jpg
IMG_20221006_160144.jpg
IMG_20221006_124910.jpg
IMG_20221006_130041.jpg

IMG_20221007_171601.jpg

Last edited:
Heres another screenshot of the other wire you mentioned...That self test connector and self test input wire stay disconnected until you want to see if the system will run by doing a diagnostic for error codes to give you an idea what the troubles will be.........if any.

Screenshot 2022-10-08 014421.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p04NPv_gXsI&t=44s

Last edited:
Today I took the truck out for a huge cruise and around the 5 hour mark it started having issues again....This time its the ECU..

Figured out about an hour ago that when RF hooked #20 and #49 aswell as the ground wires for the 02 sensors into the clean ECU grounds of pins #40/60 it caused issues with the capacitors and was confirmed when I took the ECU out and swapped it out for a spare and it ran awesomely again and when I took the cover off it was also confirmed so it will be sent off to ECU exchange for repair again.......LOL

HEGO ground pin #49 isnt a normal ground...Its a ground thats pulse regulated and if you put #20 with #40/60 the ECU is succeptable to outside rf interferrence.....

Now I know why RF has a warranty like this and thats because Scott Bowers has the wiring prowess of a cheesy chinese engineer...........It should be mandatory that on the first page of a website the warranty must be displayed this way the consumer could make an educated pick on which company they choose...........If I read the Ron Francis warranty first I would of bought a whole Pro-M system as i thought the RF harness was the cheapest alternative to replacing the crappy Terminator X system that was supposed to be a smart based system that did awefully dumb things too....LOL.....

Screenshot 2022-10-08 212008.jpg

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
The TFI wire[Purple wire ] ISNT a GROUND wire! If you've grounded it unhook it and on the starter solenoid theres a wire that triggers it...Hook the purple wire there...

The Ron Francis harness although its wired wrong in the way its wired has only 1 ground wire and that is a thick 12 gauge BLACK wire that has a grounding loop on it and hooks to a cylinder head..

Below shows where the TFI start wire goes...If you read the instructions it says hook to the starter trigger wire and not the run wire of you'll get an undesired rev limiter as the engine is running,,,,
Screenshot 2022-10-08 004207.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-08 005356.jpg

I hooked mine direct to the start circuit wire on my ignition column switch...

On my truck its Purple w/orange stripe.

On the RF harness I had to change so much...... Pin #20,40,40 and 60 were all hooked together and even the grounds for the 02 sensors were melded in..

I now have 4 seperate grounding loops. that go to the engine block,frame fender and firewall. I also have a much cleaner harness that will have less errors.

O even used some weatherproof wire flat connectors to hook up the peripherals

IMG_20221007_094238.jpg
IMG_20221007_094232.jpg
IMG_20221007_094156.jpg
IMG_20221006_160150.jpg
IMG_20221006_160144.jpg
IMG_20221006_124910.jpg
IMG_20221006_130041.jpg
I have worked it now. This thread I wrote awhile back and came to the same conclusions. I have seen multiple RF wiring instructions. The ones I got were nothing close to descriptive as is needed . Had no schematic or wiring diagram. It was weak. I've talked with electrical engineers who had used this harness and three said they rewired and or checked and found multiple problems. one being the relays need to be the white ones with resistor guard or something along those lines. The worst part is the absent facts of what gets eliminated. These are for someone with 0 wiring at all. Thanks for your pictures and explanation.its very much appreciated. It answered a lingering thought about the 20,40,60 grounds that are still very much required. Thanks buddy!
Today I took the truck out for a huge cruise and around the 5 hour mark it started having issues again....This time its the ECU..

Figured out about an hour ago that when RF hooked #20 and #49 aswell as the ground wires for the 02 sensors into the clean ECU grounds of pins #40/60 it caused issues with the capacitors and was confirmed when I took the ECU out and swapped it out for a spare and it ran awesomely again and when I took the cover off it was also confirmed so it will be sent off to ECU exchange for repair again.......LOL

HEGO ground pin #49 isnt a normal ground...Its a ground thats pulse regulated and if you put #20 with #40/60 the ECU is succeptable to outside rf interferrence.....

Now I know why RF has a warranty like this and thats because Scott Bowers has the wiring prowess of a cheesy chinese engineer...........It should be mandatory that on the first page of a website the warranty must be displayed this way the consumer could make an educated pick on which company they choose...........If I read the Ron Francis warranty first I would of bought a whole Pro-M system as i thought the RF harness was the cheapest alternative to replacing the crappy Terminator X system that was supposed to be a smart based system that did awefully dumb things too....LOL.....

I have worked it now. This thread I wrote awhile back and came to the same conclusions. I have seen multiple RF wiring instructions. The ones I got were nothing close to descriptive as is needed . Had no schematic or wiring diagram. It was weak. I've talked with electrical engineers who had used this harness and three. I'm sorry yourb said they rewired and or checked and found multiple problems. one being the relays need to be the white ones with resistor guard or something along those lines. The worst part is the absent facts of what gets eliminated. These are for someone with 0 wiring at all. Thanks for your pictures and explanation.its very much appreciated. It answered a lingering thought about the 20,40,60 grounds that are still very much required. Thanks buddy!
Ya I'm am about to pull it and throw it in the garbage. I'm so pissed at them I'm sorry you're dealing with the same thing.

Ya I'm am about to pull it and throw it in the garbage. I'm so pissed at them I'm sorry you're dealing with the same thing.
Well I got the wiring nitemare licked for sure now and no need to be sorry...

After people here see and hear how Scott Bowers of Ron Francis is deficient in his wiring skills and sees where he fails miserably the word will spread and most who blamed their mechanics for their troubles will be blaming Scott Bowers and mending the burnt bridges the crappy RF harness has caused along with the loss of truley cruising in their rides like they want to and feel confident doing it and not coming home on a flatbed.... ......LOL

I put my spare ECU with F3V4 chip in and the thing runs better than awesome...I had my guy who does tuning do a remote session and he said he wouldnt change a thing and said that the noise interferrence has dramatically changed for the better..............LOL

IMG_20221009_114039.jpg

Alls I have to do now is send the damaged ECU back to the ECU Exchange..I explained to him about the melding of grounds #20,40,49 and 60 and he said aye yaye yaye...LOL

Pin #20 is the ECU case ground and Pin #49 is the internally pulse regulated HEGO ground.....For the 02 sensor ground wires I put the grounds together onto a single wire with grounding loop and grounded it to my frame...#49 is grounded to my firewall and I put #20 for the case ground onto the inner fender

88-91_5.0_EEC_Wiring_Diagram1.gif

Then Scott Bowers put the dirty ground from the oxygen sensors into the mix too and melded the dirty 02 heater power input wire with the clean circuit of the Mass Airflow meter...

Look at the Ron Francis Fuse and Relay Key......The MAF Coil TFI andECM,Injectors,EGR,Coil IAC and a few others all need to share the same corcuit of 37/57 on the ECU...The 02 power needs to be tapped off of the keyswitch run circuit and grounded to the frame..

Screenshot 2022-10-03 122937.jpg

IMG_20221006_124910.jpg

This mess can be easily cut out and rewired in no problem....Its the grounds that will require a lil more deft.....

IMG_20221006_130041.jpg

Then Scott Bowers wired the left bank 02 sensor into the HEGO Right and the Right Bank 02 sensor into the Hego left inputs..........

I have 2 diode protected 50 amp relays now and everything else is hooked up the way it needs to be,,,

Reworking the harness isnt as hard as it seems when you know what to do from someone whos done it plus they printed the circuits onto the wires.......

Take care and dont despair. Like I stated Im doing thos because Im the kind of guy thats not easily defeated plus I want to expose the shams behind the scams that Scott Bowers of Ron Francis sells to the public......You have no idea how many are blaming their mechanics and non Motorcraft chinese made sensors also not driving their beautiful hotrods as much as they want to and its none other than Scott Bowers fault.....

How can it not with a warranty like this....Also whats not mentioned is once you install the harness the waqrranty is null and vood...The 1yr warranty is if you change your mine before you install it believe me;- I TRIED GETTING MY MONEY BACK....LOL

If you want to send it out and have it sorted out the right way LMK...You pay postage both ways plus put the parts needed to do the rework in the box and I will unwrap rework then rewrap the harness then send it back to be reinstalled for NO CHARGE............

IMG_20221007_094221.jpg
IMG_20221007_094159.jpg

Last edited:

After people here see and hear how Scott Bowers of Ron Francis is deficient in his wiring skills and sees where he fails miserably the word will spread and most who blamed their mechanics for their troubles will be blaming Scott Bowers and mending the burnt bridges the crappy RF harness has caused along with the loss of truley cruising in their rides like they want to and feel confident doing it and not coming home on a flatbed.... ......LOL

I put my spare ECU with F3V4 chip in and the thing runs better than awesome...I had my guy who does tuning do a remote session and he said he wouldnt change a thing and said that the noise interferrence has dramatically changed for the better..............LOL

IMG_20221009_114039.jpg

Alls I have to do now is send the damaged ECU back to the ECU Exchange..I explained to him about the melding of grounds #20,40,49 and 60 and he said aye yaye yaye...LOL

Pin #20 is the ECU case ground and Pin #49 is the internally pulse regulated HEGO ground.....For the 02 sensor ground wires I put the grounds together onto a single wire with grounding loop and grounded it to my frame...#49 is grounded to my firewall and I put #20 for the case ground onto the inner fender

Then Scott Bowers put the dirty ground from the oxygen sensors into the mix too and melded the dirty 02 heater power input wire with the clean circuit of the Mass Airflow meter...

Look at the Ron Francis Fuse and Relay Key......The MAF Coil TFI andECM,Injectors,EGR,Coil IAC and a few others all need to share the same corcuit of 37/57 on the ECU...The 02 power needs to be tapped off of the keyswitch run circuit and grounded to the frame..

IMG_20221006_124910.jpg

This mess can be easily cut out and rewired in no problem....Its the grounds that will require a lil more deft.....

IMG_20221006_130041.jpg

Then Scott Bowers wired the left bank 02 sensor into the HEGO Right and the Right Bank 02 sensor into the Hego left inputs..........

I have 2 diode protected 50 amp relays now and everything else is hooked up the way it needs to be,,,

Reworking the harness isnt as hard as it seems when you know what to do from someone whos done it plus they printed the circuits onto the wires.......

Take care and dont despair. Like I stated Im doing thos because Im the kind of guy thats not easily defeated plus I want to expose the shams behind the scams that Scott Bowers of Ron Francis sells to the public......You have no idea how many are blaming their mechanics and non Motorcraft chinese made sensors also not driving their beautiful hotrods as much as they want to and its none other than Scott Bowers fault.....

How can it not with a warranty like this....Also whats not mentioned is once you install the harness the waqrranty is null and vood...The 1yr warranty is if you change your mine before you install it believe me;- I TRIED GETTING MY MONEY BACK....LOL

If you want to send it out and have it sorted out the right way LMK...You pay postage both ways plus put the parts needed to do the rework in the box and I will unwrap rework then rewrap the harness then send it back to be reinstalled for NO CHARGE............

IMG_20221007_094221.jpg
IMG_20221007_094159.jpg
I'm stymied by this car it has everything new
I could barely make it around the hd block it starts fine then starts missing under load. I'm gonna have to pull my ECU from ecu exchange today and put my old one in with new relays. This really burns my ass
J

IMG_20221009_114039.jpg

IMG_20221006_124910.jpg

IMG_20221006_130041.jpg

IMG_20221007_094221.jpg
IMG_20221007_094159.jpg
I see another issue in your diagram.,my harness you pull the first relay for fuel pump . Where do you live ? Anywhere 6 Roseville calif?