Running low impedance injectors on stock ecu W/ moates quarterhorse

I figured i would get some opinions. I need to upgrade my injectors from #42 to around #96. The #96 are low impedance. #42 are not. Hence a problem. I was running a pms with the #42's and i will be running an a9l with a moates quarterhorse with the #96's. When we tune hondas we usually use low impedance injectors and wire ceramic resistors in-line so we dont fry the pcm. Does anyone know if this acceptable to do with a fox computer?? It seems to work rather well with the honda's. Conceptually i see no difference whether its a honda pcm or a ford. Any input would be appreciated. I know AFM offers a box you can plug in but im not really that thrilled with their products lately. Thanks all.

• Sponsors (?)

For curiousity's sake, can you give more details on the engine combo? 96lbs injectors are 1000+rwhp capable, and those combos are always fun to hear about. Tuning them without a standalone is usually even more interesting to hear about.

We have a couple of tuners on this site that may chime in, but if not, then check out EECtuning.org because they deal especially with tuning Ford's EECs with piggyback systems including the Quarterhorse. The QH is a very good piggyback from everything I've read, and this may be possible. However, the injector drivers in Ford's EEC might not be quick enough to keep idle lean with injectors that large.

Good luck.

Here's a quote from Cgrey8 in response to another guy that asked about using low-imp 83lb injectors with a Tweecer:
cgrey8 said:
As for the Injectors, I have no clue about them. But as long as the Injector drivers take the injector pulses from the stock wiring harness then convert the signal from the EEC that would normally go to high-impedance injectors to drive the low-impedance injectors, then I don't see a problem. Just use the datalogs to figure out what the Injector Slope/Breakpoint/Offset should be. And go from there. The fact that they are low-impedance shouldn't be a big deal from that point.

Additionally, apparently venom performance sells high impedence 83lb injectors, which wouldn't be too far away from 96s and would save you the hassle and system complexity.

I haven't tried it yet on a FORD PCM but like you have done it on the Hondas with great success, a helluva lot cheaper as well. FWIW- we run the low impedence driver from AFM on my fathers car, it works great.

Let me know if you give it a shot... Someone " name escapes me" just came out with a 80# high impedence as well, which I am looking into.