s-trim and sd?

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
0
1
38
columbus ohio
how bad do you think it would be if i got a s-trim and supporting mods with my car being sd?

what are sd tuning limits? i know it can me tuned some but how much is the question? i could pick up everything i would need for around 1,500 ( not looking to do this till after its painted )

but im not sure how i would go about taping the oil pan while its still on the car and not leaving any metal shavings behind?

pretty much i figure with a s-trim and supporting mods ill see around 280 with stock H/C/I for the time being which would make for a fun street car. :D

im just thinking out loud because I'm home and bored.

i figure while i had the s/c on i could save up some more money and do a nice H/C/I down the road.

basically i cant swap this to a 5 speed till I'm 18 (don't ask my dad :nonono: ) so i told him fine I'm throwing a power adder on it. he just shook his head and said do what you want. :shrug: i figure even with the aod a s-trim will make up for it :D

anyone on here had sd with a supercharger?
 
I think vortech makes something called a map bleed sensor or something along those lines...meant for SD cars. Contact them about that part if you are interested. But yes, it would be more beneficial to convert to mass air first
 
Personal attacks..damn....maybe he has money in the bank, just no job.

Anyways...I would swap to a 5spd first. AOD's have enough problems. The car will be way faster with the 5spd...especially supercharged.
 
And if you kick the crap out of the car, you should plan for a new AOD, because it may not last long.
If your engine has high mileage, i'd also plan to change some gaskets, because the boost is going to expose any weak points.
No job and a mustang 5.0 w/SC IMO is going to land you in a position that the car has down time due to being broken and you being broke.
 
This is what is known as popular opinion. That still doesnt make it a fact. There are plenty of fast cars with AOD's.

No, it's actually a fact. There are some fast cars with AOD's, but they aren't stock AOD's. For the money it would take to properly build an AOD, most would prefer to upgrade to a 5-speed which is more fun anyway (also a fact).

Ryan, quit focusing on the wrong things. The S-trim will kill your AOD in short order, and then where will you be? Keep pestering your dad about the 5-speed until he suffers a mental breakdown and gives in.
 
No, it's actually a fact. There are some fast cars with AOD's, but they aren't stock AOD's. For the money it would take to properly build an AOD, most would prefer to upgrade to a 5-speed which is more fun anyway (also a fact).

Ryan, quit focusing on the wrong things. The S-trim will kill your AOD in short order, and then where will you be? Keep pestering your dad about the 5-speed until he suffers a mental breakdown and gives in.

well if it killed the aod that would give me a legit reason to go 5 speed :)
 
No, it's actually a fact. There are some fast cars with AOD's, but they aren't stock AOD's. For the money it would take to properly build an AOD, most would prefer to upgrade to a 5-speed which is more fun anyway (also a fact).

ttop88--This is my point. I didn't go into detail on this one. A built AOD will cost more than a simple 5spd swap.

Besides, 5spds are more desirealbe. Every time I had a Mustang for sale with an auto..even 94-95 5.0L....

First question: Is it a 5spd?

My answer: No...auto.

Their response...OK thanks...hang up.
 
Get the money first, then worry about what to do with it. I am doing HCI, I got:
explorer intake 100
patriot heads 630(you could get some iron gt40s or p heads for cheaper)
Lunati cam 150
1.6 FRPP stud mount RR 125
gasket set 100
and if necessary I am getting the pistons notched by a local shop for 200

Thats 1400 total and I'll be putting down around 280+ with a better power curve. Also you wouldn't have to notch pistons with gt40 heads and you could reuse your factory rockers.

Get your priorities straight first though. All the wishin in the world will get you no where w/o money. I used to do the same thing, its a fac of being a teen with a 5.0, I am js now starting to get into heavy mods.
 
A built AOD will cost more than a simple 5spd swap.

I don't necessarily agree. Take the cost of the T-5 itself, bell housing, aftermarket shifter (since we all know the stock one is crap), pedals, clutch, fork, cables and you'll see that you're likely to spend more on the 5-speed swap.

You can have an AOD build with a good converter pretty reasonably. And as fun as the 5-speed might be, you'll never see the consistency at the track that you would out of a well preped auto.
 
adding a cam would be more time consuming and cost more in the end.

WHAT?

You could remove and reinstall a cam in a day.

Its cheap. But with stock heads you dont need a cam. The stock cam is perfect for the stock heads and intake.
 
Get the money first, then worry about what to do with it. I am doing HCI, I got:
explorer intake 100
patriot heads 630(you could get some iron gt40s or p heads for cheaper)
Lunati cam 150
1.6 FRPP stud mount RR 125
gasket set 100
and if necessary I am getting the pistons notched by a local shop for 200

Thats 1400 total and I'll be putting down around 280+ with a better power curve. Also you wouldn't have to notch pistons with gt40 heads and you could reuse your factory rockers.

Get your priorities straight first though. All the wishin in the world will get you no where w/o money. I used to do the same thing, its a fact of being a teen with a 5.0, I am js now starting to get into heavy mods.


"i wanna go fast" :shrug: