I don't necessarily agree. Take the cost of the T-5 itself, bell housing, aftermarket shifter (since we all know the stock one is crap), pedals, clutch, fork, cables and you'll see that you're likely to spend more on the 5-speed swap.
You can have an AOD build with a good converter pretty reasonably. And as fun as the 5-speed might be, you'll never see the consistency at the track that you would out of a well preped auto.
You could buy everything used for a T-5 swap, put new synchros in said used T-5 and be going for well under $1,000 pretty easily.
What does it cost to go through and rebuild an AOD, add a stall convertor, shift kit and some kind of cooler? Not trying to be an ass, I'm actually curious.
I got both of mine for the same cost as a pro 5.0 shifter. If you take two identically prepped cars do a clutch and shifter and 4.10s in one. Do a shift kit and converter with 4.10s in the other. You would have close to the same money and you will not walk away from the aod car.You could buy everything used for a T-5 swap, put new synchros in said used T-5 and be going for well under $1,000 pretty easily.
What does it cost to go through and rebuild an AOD, add a stall converter, shift kit and some kind of cooler? Not trying to be an ass, I'm actually curious.

ryan, why is your dad being so anal about the 5 speed crap. why doesnt it matter to him.
ryan, why is your dad being so anal about the 5 speed crap. why doesnt it matter to him.
so? let him pay for them and find out himself!! I have payed for 3 of my foxes in cash with no help, and modded em, new tires/engines and so on, and im still in hs. I say if he wants a 5 speed do the swap, if your dad will let you get a vortech instead of the 5speed, he is way crazy!!
Ryan,
I don't mean to be an a$$ but quit wasting everyones time. If you don't have the means to buy a Supercharger you shouldn't even be asking the question.
Just last week you were complaining about how you could barely afford gas and now you are thinking about a Supercharger?
so? let him pay for them and find out himself!! I have payed for 3 of my foxes in cash with no help, and modded em, new tires/engines and so on, and im still in hs. I say if he wants a 5 speed do the swap, if your dad will let you get a vortech instead of the 5speed, he is way crazy!!

. anyone know any tutorials about rebuilding tranny's?