S550 Brake Swap on a Fox Body?

My friend totaled his 2015 Mustang V6 Convertible. He bought it back from the insurance with hopes of fixing however, those plans are no longer in place. He plans to part it out and I can get really good deals on the parts from it.

My question is, Would I be able to swap front brakes from a s550 into the fox body?

I am currently a 4 lug, so I am weighing my options, Does anyone have some information on whether this combination is possible?

1. Complete 95 Mustang Gt rear end.
2. Front: Sn95 94-95 Spindle, with s550 calipers.

• Sponsors (?)

Which brakes are they? The base model 2-piston brakes, or the 4-piston brembo look-alikes.

There are adapter kits, but they work with specific brake setups.

For axample, this one works with the GT500 brembo. You need to find a kit for your setup

Reactions: 1 user
@Mustang5L5 Thank you for the response.

They are Base Model brakes, and are 2 pistons.

I actually looked into that kit with the spacer for the rotors. But I couldn't find any info that would help me figure out if the 2015 brake pistons fit the adapter they include.

Does anyone know if S550 Brake pistons mount on this kit?

Last edited:
You’re probably better off upgrading to the SN95 setup. Even the base 5 lug would be better than original fox 4 lug brakes. From there you’ll be able to go all the way up to Cobra R Brembos. The SN95 upgrade is common and well documented. 94-95 spindles would be best on a fox body. I am in the process of installing Brembos but the Cobra 13” brakes worked great for the past 2 years for me.

Reactions: 1 user
You’re probably better off upgrading to the SN95 setup. Even the base 5 lug would be better than original fox 4 lug brakes. From there you’ll be able to go all the way up to Cobra R Brembos. The SN95 upgrade is common and well documented. 94-95 spindles would be best on a fox body. I am in the process of installing Brembos but the Cobra 13” brakes worked great for the past 2 years for me.

Great input, I believe I am going to go another route at this point. I'm now considering the following two options in order:

1. SVO front Piston upgrade, and rear SVO disk conversion.
2. SN95 set up 94-95 including the rear axle.

I have been looking at the 94-95 V6's and I can get one for well under 800 in non running condition. Does someone know if a 94-95 v6 Rear axle is worthy as a swap for my fox?

Great input, I believe I am going to go another route at this point. I'm now considering the following two options in order:

1. SVO front Piston upgrade, and rear SVO disk conversion.
2. SN95 set up 94-95 including the rear axle.

I have been looking at the 94-95 V6's and I can get one for well under 800 in non running condition. Does someone know if a 94-95 v6 Rear axle is worthy as a swap for my fox?

No, but the brakes are swappable. Pull the brakes and brackets and axles out of the 7.5 rear and swap them into your axle. As long as it's a 94-98 V6 Mustang, it will bolt right up.

Don't bother with the SVO parts. Archaic design, obsolete parts, and cost of components is climbing. SN95 parts are cheap, plentiful and readily available.