Sad Day Wrecked my stang

ABS is not a big deal.

You can stop faster without ABS than you can with ABS, you just don't have the steering control without it.
How come almost every testing entity (Mags and TV shows) say the same thing every time? "The car would have stopped shorter if it had ABS."
Didnt the Viper shorten its 60-0 distance when they finnaly threw ABS on it? :scratch:

• Sponsors (?)

ABS is not a big deal.

You can stop faster without ABS than you can with ABS, you just don't have the steering control without it.

Except the vast majority of drivers on the road don't modulate the pedal properly when they lock up. They just press the pedal harder and hold on during the slide. Same goes for driving in the snow. When then go into a slide, then just stand on the pedal and hold on for dear life. I'd love to see my 80-year old grandmother drive in the rain and have to panic stop and start modulating the pedal at 20 times per second while slaloming through debris on the road. Nope. She's just gonna lay on the pedal as hard as she can and hold on in a straight line. It never fails to amaze me how many drivers don't "bail out" to the breakdown lane before they rear end the car in front of me on the highway in the first lane.

I specifically sought out a Mustang with ABS and don't regret it one bit. I've even AutoXed with ABS and in a stang without ABS and it was nigth and day difference. With the ABS car you could focus more on your driving and not worry about modulating the pedal as you are trying to negotiate a tight turn.

A lot of the "problem ABS" systems a lot of people talk about are just really crappy tires. I love when people say "Oh i hate ABS because when it comes on it just chatters and doesn't stop me at all" and then i look at their car and their tires are pretty much bald. :shrug:

I've never had a single issue with any of the ABS-equipped cars I've owned. They've all worked flawlessly when i needed them to. I'm even in the progress of converting my Fox Mustang over to 94-95 Mustang ABS system for some assist when I autoX.