Saleen Extractor Hood with Cobra R Style Cowl?

• Sponsors (?)

I just read on another post that the hood is not truely bolt on, and requires modification. Also the vents for the heat extractor are not cut out. Anyone know if this is accurate?

The vents aren't cut out, but MM@FF put one on a 95 GT back in Nov.04.I have the issue ,and the article said it fit great. It looked pretty good to,I think any good body man could cut out the vents no problem, to make it functional. Other then that it should bolt right on.

Now u cant say "the regular saleen extractor clears a 351" because its not that simple, different intakes are taller than others, on the same "taller than a 302" 351 block. So This cowl looks taller than my 2.5" cobra rr hood with the SVO scoop that cleared my 351 with a TFS-R intake.

My point is, do a lot of research when trying to see what will clear what, i think the Vic. Jr. intake for 351's is even taller than the TFS. And i think the only reason mine cleared was because of the scoop, so my "2.5 inch" addition started up towards the front of the engine, instead of the back like on the regular Cobra rr hood.

That hood does look good though!