Roush Saleen Prices

Black331Stang

Apr 29, 2003
Long Island, NY
hey guys, i been out of the mustang scene for wayyy to long now, and im looking to get back in. i used to have a 5.0. anyway.... i think im leaning toward a saleen. I am just assuming you CANNOT lease a new saleen but i could be wrong. I love the newer saleens, so im just turning to you for the following info since u guys have been around them alot more......

what will monthly payments look like on a buy for a new saleen. figure 5000 down.

how much do used 05 saleens go for with average mileage?

and what will i be looking at for a used 02-04 style saleen?

sorry for the annoying questions but this will help a bunch, Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Glad you are back! I was a rep for Citi financial in the auto division for a few years up until December of 06. I can tell you that depending on the model of the new Saleen your payments would vary depending on your credit. If you have excellent credit rates are around 6%. If you have so-so credit with some bumps along the way, expect to pay 10-14% and if you don't have good credit you'll pay a ricockulous amount of interest. You can lease anything you want really.. the problem with a Saleen is that not all banks look at them as a limited production car and they see them as a 25-30k (stock GT mustang) vehicle that you are paying 50k. To a bank the risk is too high, so if you default the bank would lose if they sold it at aution so they are not willing to fork out the extra $. Anyway, used Saleens also very based on options and styles. I would go onto cars.com and click on payment estimator and figure out what your budget is and what kind of rate you can get (go with a credit union all day long!!!!) then pick out a few cars that you like.

thanks for the reply! i would love a new saleen (meaning style) even a used 05, but they may be too much for me. so maybe an 02 or 03 may be a little more realistic. i love the look of the back of those years. im assuming/hoping an avg mileage 02-03 would be in the 20s.

Hello Black331Stang,

You can find good deals out there on Saleens if you are willing to wait and LOOK. I found my 02 Saleen with 66K on the chasis, and the options listed in MySpace, for $16.500. I also got an extra warranty with it for another 2K that will take my way up past 100,000 miles. I felt the Warranty was worth it because just one SC is at least 2K if it goes out. And I am sure it will ;).....

There is a guy in my hood that got a pertfrct red 99 Cobra Saleen vert # 324 for 19.5K wth less than 20K miles on it..So be patient. The deals are out there if your are willing to keep looking and wait for the right deal. Having all the money issues worked out ahead of time helps alot also...

Plus, IMHO, the 99-04 Saleen was the best looking Mustang ever done.. But you know about opinions, everybody has one, and they all $tink... LOL :)