Roush Saleen rim question

spederman

Apr 13, 2005
A problem i noticed yesterday after I got my car back from the body shop. They had to replace one of the rear rims. Now that rim doesnt stick out to the fender wall like it used to and as does the other side. The axle was broken along with the disc. Do saleen OEM rims come with diff offsets? Or do you think they just didnt get the right disc/spacer that is throwing off the wheel. BTW, its a 2002 S281 without the optional 10 inch rear rims.

• Sponsors (?)

It's my understanding that the repo Saleen style wheels have different offsets than the OEM Saleen wheels, particularly the rear wheels such as yours. The offset on the repo rears are a couple of mm less to allow larger tires to be fitted without interfering with the fender.
I believe this topic has been discussed on another Saleen forum thread. You might want to conduct a search for that thread.

The replacement rim is also an OEM Saleen rim. 18x9 inch. The Saleen Ford dealer actually ordered a new one from saleen, so that's why I was wondering if they are all one offset or if there are choices through saleen.