Founding Member
Nov 2, 2002
Splendora, Tx

Attachments

• 100_0988.jpg
    100_0988.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Sponsors (?)

Just last Thursday I saw this car parked at the Hertz Car Rental in Burbank, California on my my out from returning a rental I had during my visit to California. I wish I knew they had this "rent a racer" when I first arrived.

What a nice piece!

prpony said:
Just last Thursday I saw this car parked at the Hertz Car Rental in Burbank, California on my my out from returning a rental I had during my visit to California. I wish I knew they had this "rent a racer" when I first arrived.

What a nice piece!

Don't get to excited. I think the new Hertz rental cars are V6's. Still have plenty of get up but not the 475HP that the Shelby's have.

Pbum5 said:
Don't get to excited. The new Hertz rental cars are V6's. Still have plenty of get up but not the 475HP that the Shelby's have.

From what I have read they have 4.6 GT engines with a different air intake and are about 320 horsepower. I read it on Stangnet's home page if I'm not mistaken.

65up2d8 said:
From what I have read they have 4.6 GT engines with a different air intake and are about 320 horsepower. I read it on Stangnet's home page if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah, the link has that info. The link says 25 over the stock 300 with the additions from Ford Motorsports. There are also lowering springs and 3.73 rear gears.. yummy! :D

As a twice to three times a month traveler I am already getting my secretary on the hunt for me to rent one..... Normally I am an Avis guy but this is just way too cool to pass up.... It would be really like old school if I could find a track on a weeknight and go run the snot out of it like they did "back in the day"

I know they have a little more pop that the GT's but I would suspect they are all slushboxes?

If they were a V6 I wouldn't even consider renting them.....

make sure you reserve the GT-H, and not just a mustang. regular hertz rentals are the V6. i believe you can only get it at certain airport locations, and you must fly into that airport to be able to rent this car. FYI.

I hear it's $200/day to rent. Kinda steep, but what are the chances of buying one after Hertz gets done with them? Probably slim since they're aren't alot out there. Instant collectible and probably more so than the Shelby. I don't know what the production numbers are for the H.

voipguy said:
I hear it's $200/day to rent. Kinda steep, but what are the chances of buying one after Hertz gets done with them? Probably slim since they're aren't alot out there. Instant collectible and probably more so than the Shelby. I don't know what the production numbers are for the H.

$125 per day