Saw my first 2011 5.0 yesterday...

302GTS

If you need herpes, I'm your man!
Apr 20, 2009
Largo, FL
Yesterday at work, I noticed a guy pulling in with a new Mustang. I shrugged it off, thinking it was a 2010, until I went out to smoke a few minutes later. I see a nice, fat 5.0 emblem on the side... :hail2: I wait for the guy to walk out of my work, and I instantly start talking. He had picked it up earlier that week, and was driving the first one that came to our county! Gorgeous red color, beautiful interior, engine bay was PERFECT. The exhaust had a great, low rumble even for being fresh out of the factory stock! All in all, it was a great looking/sounding car. The guy was an all-around nice guy, and knew what he was talking about - it wasn't his first muscle car.

Car payment soon?! Who knows! :shrug::D

Here's a couple pictures!

imag0008l.jpg

imag0007dg.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yesterday at work, I noticed a guy pulling in with a new Mustang. I shrugged it off, thinking it was a 2010, until I went out to smoke a few minutes later. I see a nice, fat 5.0 emblem on the side... :hail2: I wait for the guy to walk out of my work, and I instantly start talking. He had picked it up earlier that week, and was driving the first one that came to our county! Gorgeous red color, beautiful interior, engine bay was PERFECT. The exhaust had a great, low rumble even for being fresh out of the factory stock! All in all, it was a great looking/sounding car. The guy was an all-around nice guy, and knew what he was talking about - it wasn't his first muscle car.

Car payment soon?! Who knows! :shrug::D

No pics??? :ban:

Adam

Only snagged a couple... :( I took one of the front end, and one as an angled side shot from my phone, just enough to see the 5.0 badge on the side. What I WISH I took a shot of was the engine bay! Give me a few minutes to hook up my phone and I'll upload the two. It's a brand new phone, so bear with me as I'm still getting used to the fancy shmancy BS!

I tried to find several different dynojet tests but could only find one :(

It being so new and all, I guess that is to be expected :)

I wanna be able to see several tests for it so I can get some kind of
average looking set of curves :nice:

I will then put it next to some sbf files I got and then I will be able to
see what is what ;)

For just a plaything or hotrod, you sure gotta lay out a lotta cash :crazy:
but
If you want a dd and your hotrod all in one :shrug:
Well
I guess each person would have decide if thats what he wants :shrug:

Grady

I tried to find several different dynojet tests but could only find one :(

I've found two that were so close together to be representative of what the 2011 GT puts down. Both were from a manual GT with a 3.73 rear end that was run in 5th gear. The results were:

Evolution Performance: 368.6rwhp/352.5rwtq
Livernois Motorsports: 375.1rwhp/354.5rwtq

Assuming a drivetrain loss of 14% through the 6-speed tranny, that equates to 429-436hp and 410-412lbft at the flywheel.

I've found two that were so close together to be representative of what the 2011 GT puts down. Both were from a manual GT with a 3.73 rear end that was run in 5th gear. The results were:

Evolution Performance: 368.6rwhp/352.5rwtq
Livernois Motorsports: 375.1rwhp/354.5rwtq

Assuming a drivetrain loss of 14% through the 6-speed tranny, that equates to 429-436hp and 410-412lbft at the flywheel.

I'll check them out later when I got time to closely look over the data :)

Grady