sc install needs tools ive never used

im looking over the instructions for my supercharger and it has 2 tools listed im not familiar with.
1. ford springlock 3/8" fuel fitting disconnect tool
2. "slimline" 19mm
what are these. i can tell what the first is by its name but have never used one or seen one. will i be able to get them at an auto parts store? will i have to get the first one at the ford dealer?

• Sponsors (?)

You can get the fuel disco' tools from the parts store in the tool aisle. 5 bucks or so.

There is plastic and metal and I cant remember which is better liked. I have plastic.

I would assume the latter to be a thin-walled 19MM socket. That is just my guess - I have had to use such things to change crotchrocket spark plugs - a conventional socket would not fit down the plug bore.

Good luck bud - sounds like you are 'gearing' up for a fun project. :nice:

Hissin is right about both. I can tell by the question you aren't but once you are fimiliar with springlocks you don't necessarily need the tool. A flexible piece of plastic works fine in a bind ( I make ac systems for Ford so I know all kinds of little tricks). Springlocks are used on fuel lines as well as ac lines. The tool essentially slides inside the cage of the male and pushes the spring off the lip of the flare on the female springlock, which unlocks it. You can get either at a parts store. Here is a diagram of the ac springlock which is basically the same as the fuel one. btw sometimes the spring gets corroded and stuck and can be a pita. Goodluck.

Attachments

• fsl.JPG
    fsl.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 98