scary problem

blazehaaze

May 14, 2007
so i just installed a kenne bell supercharger on my 2000 mustang not too long ago. the other night i snapped the throttle quick and the heater hose blew. i only like 5mins from there so i milked it home, or so i thought. the next day i put a new heater hose on filled the system back up and found out i was a quart low on oil. i put it up on a jack and there was oil on the bottom of the car, drippin down from above the starter. it looks like it was comin from where the head meets the block. (headgaskets?) now it is not leaking and oil but there is a hesitation in the low rpm's. it kinda sputters and then goes. kinda seems like a vacuum line leak but i have a feelin thats not it. like to hear from anyone who might know what causes this. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

head gasket issues are easy to spot usually because the oil and the coolant become a mixture. so the oil looks milky, and the coolant looks ... gross.

also I believe it gives a nice white smoke show out the exhaust because the water and coolant are making it into the combustion chamber.

my old 88 2.3l POS stang I was on the interstate trying to keep up w/ an eclipse at about 80, and my lower rad hose split - but i didnt know it til the car shut off...and yea it was pretty messy. blown head gasket, dime sized hole in one of the pistons...long story short - replaced engine.

maybe you just have a lottttt of blowby!! good luck, hope its nothing major but thats a weird problem... wash the engine, change plugs and see if it quits missing.. then with a clean engine you can tell where the oil is coming from

There is a vacuum line right under the heater hoses that goes to the emission stuff on the intake. Make sure the hose is still hooked up. My 2001 would barely run when that thing popped off. There is no clamp on it from the factory, so put a clamp on it if it fell off.

How do your fluids look? Clean up the mess and drips. Fill the oil, drive it around some, get on it a few times over a few days, and check it daily.