Schematic and routing for Short Belts

ill check current belt, hopefully still has numbers on it somewhere, paper i got with high output alt says use a belt half inch smaller then current belt,which is think would be 72.5 inches

• Sponsors (?)

ill check current belt, hopefully still has numbers on it somewhere, paper i got with high output alt says use a belt half inch smaller then current belt,which is think would be 72.5 inches
Old belt numbers are not needed!!!
Just take the old one in to any decent parts store. Ask them to measure it and get one a half inch shorter, no problem.

Old belt numbers are not needed!!!
Just take the old one in to any decent parts store. Ask them to measure it and get one a half inch shorter, no problem.

The problem is making sure you go to a parts store where the guy actually knows what you are trying to accomplish.

Frequently i find myself at parts stores where if it's not in the computer, the associate has no clue.

Here are my schematics for the SN95 5.0 (belt lengths assume stock pulleys):

94-95_Mustang_Belt_Routing.jpg
Thanks! Thought about deleting my ac otw to the parts store, and found this with a quick search.

Also I normally just have them let me in the back. It's asking too much of 10$ an hour to know part #.

It's normally some prefix, the # of ribs, then the last 4 part #'s are inches including 1/10's as the last #

Example: for my 82.7"

50 is prefix 6 is ribs 082 is inches an 7 is 7/10"