Scored a deal. Pics

Every state is different with their inspections and Smog checks. I know for a fact that there is no way in hell, even with all 4 stock cats and EGR connected you'd get a car with a b-cam to pass smog here in NJ. Hell i have high flow catted bbk x pipe and stock cam (no egr) and just passed sniffer (first time i failed for NOx, but then a month later NJ no longer checked for NOx so i went back and passed lol)

I am in southern California I bet the sniffer standards are damn near the same as NJ. As I said I passed the sniffer just fine and I bet it would pass the sniffer in NJ too. I could have been picked apart on the visual but I got lucky I was not.

• Sponsors (?)

So the 5 lug kit is coming together nicely and quickly. I have 96 Cobra wheels on the way trade for the cowl gauge set up. I scored a rear brake set up from a 95 GT for 50 bucks, axles, brackets, calipers, rotors, lines, anti moan and even the adapters for the hard lines for $50. Then I scored this on ebay 2003/2004 Mustang Cobra Calipers kit Complete brakes : eBay Motors (item 150413586817 end time Feb-16-10 16:06:41 PST)

I fixed the rear brakes by adding an adjustable prop valve and gutting the stock valve last weekend so I think all I have left to find is

M/C
3-2 Conversion
SS lines or adapters

Not wanting to swap boosters so will see how it works with the stock booster unless I am convinced otherwise.

A buddy just offered me rear Cobra axle brackets for free, so I may see if I can find some anti- moans for a decent price and go ahead and upgrade the rears to the Cobra set up also.

If I am missing anytrhing please feel free to let me know.

Well, at first i wanted to keep the stock booster, so i did the V6/GT MC and left the stock booster. Couldn't stop at all so i put a 94-95 booster in. Braking was better, but it was a little firm for my tastes so i swapped in a 1993 cobra MC and it was perfect. I have the same Cobra setup you are putting together with the 99+ front calipers.

Try it out though since you have the V6 MC. You might like it. The 94-95 GT/V6 MC and 1993 Cobra MC have the same port sizes so if you decide it's a little firm it's a quick job to swap the MC's and rebleed.

Part of me wants to try swapping in a 94-95 Cobra MC to see if I can get that "put you in the windshield barely touching the brakes" feel. I love brakes that require very little effort.

So now that I have this
Rear.jpg

I am going to start putting these guts in it this weekend.
5lugrear.jpg

You always seem to score great deals like this. I'm good boys... Car still sits under the car cover waiting for the day I can get back to it. House and family have taken way to much of my time and money to even think about the car.