Digital Tuning SCT chip on board

KAWMAN2

Aug 9, 2022
Replaced the ecm and reinstall the banks sct chip, car runs great when hot, dont think it has a thermostat plan on putting a 160 thermostat, in it from calling american muscle it appears that the cable and the switch for the tune is missing can't seem to find one? tried to run the car without the chip doesnt want to idle.

• Sponsors (?)

I would recommend you get a 192* for the thermostat. The computer expects the engine to run at that temp. My guess would be that the chip is compensating for a different injector/MAF combo and that’s why it doesn’t want to run without it.

Reactions: 1 users
I would recommend you get a 192* for the thermostat. The computer expects the engine to run at that temp. My guess would be that the chip is compensating for a different injector/MAF combo and that’s why it doesn’t want to run without it.
Unless you know that this [SCT] chip is specifically designed for a 160* T-stat then you'll cause more harm than good. It's a good way to generate oil sludge.

As well as a thermostat, he has wired the fan in full time, just got a relay kit and a adjustable fan thermostat , where should I set the temp to come on? The regular thermostat is ocupied with
a autometer mechanical gauge . It appears to work well