SCT just stopped working

• Sponsors (?)

It probably came loose at the computer output. When you try and fit it up in the original location i noticed that it would not fit...SO I just left it loose in there so as not to put the chip in a bind and break something. It dosent rattle and it cant go anywhere...0 problems with mine, and boy did it help low-mid range grunt....fliped the switch to 4 (stock) and my car felt like a dog, even at WOT....shut the car off going down the highway and put it back to 0 (93)...even #1 (87 octain) feels ALOT stronger than the stock program, and in reality there isnt much difference power wise between 87 and 93. Pull the computer back out and see if its loose.

hotmustang331 said:
It probably came loose at the computer output. When you try and fit it up in the original location i noticed that it would not fit...SO I just left it loose in there so as not to put the chip in a bind and break something. It dosent rattle and it cant go anywhere...0 problems with mine, and boy did it help low-mid range grunt....fliped the switch to 4 (stock) and my car felt like a dog, even at WOT....shut the car off going down the highway and put it back to 0 (93)...even #1 (87 octain) feels ALOT stronger than the stock program, and in reality there isnt much difference power wise between 87 and 93. Pull the computer back out and see if its loose.
did u have to disconnect the battery when u first installed the chip??

UhadMEatGT said:
Where do you install them and how hard is it to do?? That is the box with 4 settings in it right? Do they come with the settings in it to choose from?? Thanks!

it's just a chip that comes with a dial that you can switch between 4 different tunes. the 4 tunes are up to you and the tuner, unless you get the pro racer package like me. then you can do your own tuning.

crazystang05 said:
ok my sct 4banks chip just stopped working so pissed only had it like a week

The Chip probably came loose from the EEC and lost it's connection. Check the connection and see if that helps. This is why I don't like chips and no longer run one. It is Flasher units for me from now on.

got it working again, just had to reset the comp for some reason, and i knew it wasn't wrkin becasue it would not start in the 0 position and it would in the 4 position. But it works again. Oh yea SCT is way better then preditor hands down the performance gain is great especially with 3.73's :D

Mr GT 02 said:
did u have to disconnect the battery when u first installed the chip??

Well you know what, I dont recal doing that. I simply MADE sure i didnt turn my key to the on or ACC position at anytime durring the install. The chip came with instructions, and I followed them to a T....took FOREVER getting the coputer port clean, took a knife and carefully pilled the coating of silicone or whatever it is off, then used the supplied scratch pad to sand the metal prongs down until you could see a hint of copper in the metal all over the prong...not just 1 spot, didnt want to take a chance LOL.

hotmustang331 said:
Well you know what, I dont recal doing that. I simply MADE sure i didnt turn my key to the on or ACC position at anytime durring the install. The chip came with instructions, and I followed them to a T....took FOREVER getting the coputer port clean, took a knife and carefully pilled the coating of silicone or whatever it is off, then used the supplied scratch pad to sand the metal prongs down until you could see a hint of copper in the metal all over the prong...not just 1 spot, didnt want to take a chance LOL.

What he said ^ . You don't have to disconnect the battery, just make sure you take the key out of the ignition before you start. If the ignition is turned on during the installation you could damage the computer and/or the SCT chip.