sct sf3 or x3

recently i ordered a sct x3 from american muscle, but when it got here they sent me a sf3 instead. i called to find out what the deal was and why i did not get what i ordered and they said the sf3 is better than the x3 and they upgraded my order to the sf3. they also stated they no longer carry the x3. i haven't really kept up with the different tuners and was basically just making my decision based their capability's posted on the sct site between the two. are they basically the same, do they both have the same tuning capabilitys? from my understanding the x3 has more tuning options, all tho i may be wrong. eventually i plan to boost the car so i don't want to have to fork out more money on another tuner :later. thanks!! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

the sf3 came with 2 custom can tunes on it that were preloaded on it before they sent it , which both give me a cel for bank 1+2 lean. so i am just using the pick a part program on it =(. i can go in and adjust fuel mixture in +-2% lean/rich increments and mess with timing curves and such but i don't think thats really going to help me much later on down the road. the timing portion seems fine but the fuel seems like you can't really fine tune it, it just adds that % across the entire rpm range. i'm not sure how much more you can mess with the parameters on the x3 but i am starting to feel like i got ripped off :(

i dunno, should i send it back or just deal? anyone with a x3 have any insight?

the sf3 came with 2 custom can tunes on it that were preloaded on it before they sent it , which both give me a cel for bank 1+2 lean. so i am just using the pick a part program on it =(. i can go in and adjust fuel mixture in +-2% lean/rich increments and mess with timing curves and such but i don't think thats really going to help me much later on down the road. the timing portion seems fine but the fuel seems like you can't really fine tune it, it just adds that % across the entire rpm range. i'm not sure how much more you can mess with the parameters on the x3 but i am starting to feel like i got ripped off :(

i dunno, should i send it back or just deal? anyone with a x3 have any insight?

I believe the sf3 is the one you want. It should hold 3 sct tunes plus have room for 3 custom tunes.
Go here for more SCT Automotive Performance Products

That's the same adjustment that my xcal 3 provides. Sounds about the same to me. You can go past those adjustments if you load a custom tune to it, they just don't allow more than the 2% for handheld adjustments.
Dam

Hmm...previously the SF3 and the Livewire did not allow for custom tunes. I really wanted a livewire for the display/datalogging features, but they didn't support custom tunes. Looks like they discontinued the XCal and updated the firmware in the SF3 and the Livewire to allow custom tunes. :nice:

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they have enabled custom tunes in the newest model, the touch screen xtreme. That model supports the display/datalogging, and is totally wireless.(Connects to the ECU via a bluetooth dongle on the diag port) It also displays estimated 1/4 mile & 0-60mph ET, HP and TQ, similar to a GTech.