SCT tune now available for 2011 5.0L!

• Sponsors (?)

I guess I may be a little slow today...

So just uploading SCT's tune that comes straight outa the box is this kind of jump of 31rwhp with no custom tune??? For $380? I mean, that sounds like a no brainer.

I guess I may be a little slow today...

So just uploading SCT's tune that comes straight outa the box is this kind of jump of 31rwhp with no custom tune??? For $380? I mean, that sounds like a no brainer.

Thats what SCT's dyno sessions have shown! While we haven't had our in house car on the dyno yet, the butt-o-meter is registering a marked gain over stock. Especially in the 3000 to 6000 RPM range. Plus the ability to raise the rev limiter allows you to take full advantave of the 2011 5.0L potential.

Doesn't Steeda have a CAI and SCT Xcall III tune that gains 44hp and 59tq at the crank? That puts the 5.0 at 456hp and 449tq.

Steeda's new CAI coupled with the SCT tune did produce 44hp & 59lb-ft of torque at the peak with similar gains throughout the meat of the powerband in their testing. This took their test car from 336.66/309.07 stock to 380.70/361.91 at the wheels.

Steeda 2011 Mustang 5.0L CAI

I was thinking of a Steeda cold air intake and changing the mufflers to Either Borla or some other performance exhaust havent made mind up yet on the exhaust. I am also going up to 20 inch rims on 275/35 will all these things require a change for each additional MOD. I have been out of the muscle car game for a while my last was a 1990 5.0 LX all the bolt ons 355 gears that sold that in 93 that was my last one till now so I am like a kid in a candy shop cant wait to hop up this car!!:D

I was thinking of a Steeda cold air intake and changing the mufflers to Either Borla or some other performance exhaust havent made mind up yet on the exhaust. I am also going up to 20 inch rims on 275/35 will all these things require a change for each additional MOD. I have been out of the muscle car game for a while my last was a 1990 5.0 LX all the bolt ons 355 gears that sold that in 93 that was my last one till now so I am like a kid in a candy shop cant wait to hop up this car!!:D

They aren't quite picky enough as to need a re-tune for every little thing, but they are picky!

With the Steeda 555-3155 CAI, you will need a tuner. Luckily, the SCT 3015 flash tuner already has the tune for the Steeda CAI pre-loaded.

Changing the axle-back will not require a re-tune.

Wheels/tires will not require a tune change so long as the rolling diameter of the tire stays the same as OE. If you go with a taller or shorter tire, the SCT will allow you to compensate for that as well.

If you decide to change rear gear ratios, the SCT will allow for that change too.

These new cars are a far cry from the fox chassis & that is a definate good thing! You can easily attain almost 400hp to the wheels with minor bolt ons while retaining stock driveability & 20+ mpg.

If you use this CAI package with the flash tuner wouldn't it void your warranty ? If you flash back to the stock setting can Ford detect it ?

Some dealers may threaten that the warranty will be voided, but because of the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act they would have to prove that an aftermarket part caused a particular failure should one occur.

As long as you return your tune to stock before leaving it with the dealer, there will be no issue!

Remember with the Steeda #'s they went from 87 octane to 93 and tested in 4th gear. There is no way Steeda knows anymore than any other experienced tuner and they are only getting 25-30rwhp gains.
I remember when they said you get 38rwhp gain for the 05-09. Who ever seen that out of a tune and CAI?

Remember with the Steeda #'s they went from 87 octane to 93 and tested in 4th gear. There is no way Steeda knows anymore than any other experienced tuner and they are only getting 25-30rwhp gains.
I remember when they said you get 38rwhp gain for the 05-09. Who ever seen that out of a tune and CAI?

Steeda is claiming:
Steeda achieved dramatic power increases of up to 44hp and 52ft/lbs of torque!
at this link:
2011 Mustang Gt 5.0L Steeda Cold Air Intake, Manual Transmission Only at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Can you please explain the 19HP discrepancy?
Just want to make sure I understand.
Thanks.

Wow this is a great topic. I am so confused about this entire tune/tuner thing. So forgive me. This is how I understand it. We who purchased 2011 mustangs can now order an SCT SF3 tuner which comes preloaded with a dyno tune to include the addition of the Steeda CAI added for roughly $380.
Now somewhere along the line Jon Lund who seems to do special tunes for Lethal Performance,Evolution Performance and ???? If I can make another 44HP and 52ft/lbs of torque for $380 + CAI does that mean for $480 + cost of CAI I will get another 10-15 HP with a John Lund tune? Now don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ or piss anyone off, I'm just trying to spend money wisely by being informed. I assume a Jon lund tune would include mods like Cat back,X-pipe,octane. This is a quote from Lethal Performance website.
SCT 2011 5.0L Mustang GT X3 Handheld Flash Device (Custom Tuned)

Lethal Performance is proud to offer Jon Lund custom tuned SCT Livewires for your 2011 5.0L Mustang GT. You can expect 25-28rwhp with our 93 octane tune and 35rwhp with our Race Gas Tune. These tunes are made from countless hours on the dyno and on track with multiple 2011 Mustang GT's. When you order your tune it comes pre-programmed by us specific to the modifications you have on your car. All you need to do is plug it in and flash the vehicle and you're on your way. What's best about our custom tuned SCT devices is that you're also able to make several changes to the tune if needed. So if you happen to change your gear ratio or would like to raise your rev limiter there's no need to request a new tune. It can all be done with the SCT device

Dang guys, sorry for the ultra delayed response. Didn't get any notifications showing new posts till this morning!

Steeda is claiming:
Steeda achieved dramatic power increases of up to 44hp and 52ft/lbs of torque!
at this link:
2011 Mustang Gt 5.0L Steeda Cold Air Intake, Manual Transmission Only at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Can you please explain the 19HP discrepancy?
Just want to make sure I understand.
Thanks.

The 44hp/52tq #s are 87 octane stock vs 93 octane +tune & CAI. Because we didn't have solid 93 to 93+tune & CAI #s to work with, we marketed what we had with the disclaimer about the fuel. From our website:

"up to 44hp and 52ft/lbs of torque (comparing 87 octane stock to 93 octane tune/CAI)"

Wow this is a great topic. I am so confused about this entire tune/tuner thing. So forgive me. This is how I understand it. We who purchased 2011 mustangs can now order an SCT SF3 tuner which comes preloaded with a dyno tune to include the addition of the Steeda CAI added for roughly $380.
Now somewhere along the line Jon Lund who seems to do special tunes for Lethal Performance,Evolution Performance and ???? If I can make another 44HP and 52ft/lbs of torque for $380 + CAI does that mean for $480 + cost of CAI I will get another 10-15 HP with a John Lund tune? Now don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ or piss anyone off, I'm just trying to spend money wisely by being informed. I assume a Jon lund tune would include mods like Cat back,X-pipe,octane. This is a quote from Lethal Performance website.

The big difference between the pre-loaded tune & a mail order custom tune will be that you can compensate for a mod like long tube headers with a custome tune.

The pre-loaded tune on the SCT-3015 will currently allow you to compensate for the following:

2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Adjustable Features Include:
87/91/93 Octane Tunes, Disable Rear O2 Sensors, Adjust for Cold Air Intake****, Disable Traction Control, Spark Timing Adjustment (0-2000rpm, 2000-4000rpm, & 4000-8000rpm), WOT Air Fuel Adjustment (up to 6% leaner & 14% richer), Adjust for Rear Gear Ratio Changes between 2.73 & 5.13, Adjust for Tire Size, Automatic Transmission Shift Adjustment, Idle RPM Adjustment, Speed Limit Adjustment, Rev Limit Adjustment, Adjust Cooling Fan On/Off Temperature.

****Supported CAI Kits include: Steeda