Seafoam and oil change questions...

click

Nov 13, 2003
K i got my mobil one 10-30w, mobil one filter, seafoam, seafoam deep creep spray, and lucas fuel injector cleaner today. How should this be done? I know first put the seafoam(half bottle) through the brake booster line, or maybe the hose that goes into the intake inlet elbow? What should i put in the oil and what in the gas tank. How about take the pipe off the throttle body and spray the deep creep in there? And would seafoam liquid or the lucas be better to put in the gas tank.

Does anyone know the size and everything of the two oil bolts so i can get new ones and replace them during the change because mine are close to stripped.

Thanks soo much

• Sponsors (?)

Seafoam: I had the brake booster line suck up half a can and poured the rest in the gas tank. That cleans the intake area and fuel lines. You could pour some in the crankcase, but if you've got high miles, it might clean too much and reveal less than stellar seals.

Don't really need the spray or lucas, as it would be redundant. If needed, do a search on seafoam for the procedure of putting it in your intake. No big deal, but you do need to let the car sit for 10-20 minutes.

The spray is nice for the TB.

I would only use the Foam in the oil if you are near an oil change (that is just me personally).

Parts stores should be able to look up the bolt specs (or maybe online resto houses show the thread pitch, size, etc).

Good luck.