Seeking Some Advice Regarding Lowering Springs

Thanks in advance for any advice!

So, I picked up some new, unused BMR lowering springs from a local guy who decided after purchasing the parts he wasn't going to be able to keep the car for very long. The springs are the SP089 (front) and SP082 (rear) and it came with the front camber bolts. The SP089 are supposed to drop the front by 0.750" to 0.875" and the SP082 are supposed to drop the rear by 0.25" to 0.50" (BMR doesn't provide good details, so this is what I've gathered from the other sites selling these parts)

I believe there shouldn't be any clearance issues in front, but I'm concerned about the clearance in the rear. Since I went with 295-35/20s in the rear, the wheel well is somewhat filled out and there is only a 1" gap between the tire and fender edge. I hate to damage the fenders or tires, but I'd like to improve the handling, which is mostly why I've been considering the new springs. Do you guys think I have room to swap the rear springs or should I just change the fronts only?

(I'm also looking at getting the Steeda front/rear sway bars and the Steeda Stop the Hop kit)
New pic tint.jpg
Wheel close up.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I have the BMR SP080 performance springs which are about the same in the rear and I'm running a 305/35r20 and I don't have any problems with rubbing

Reactions: 1 user
I believe you will be ok also, remember that with the independent suspension as you lower the car in the rear you will gain a small amount of negative camber (this is unlike the solid axles of years past) helping with your tire clearance.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe you will be ok also, remember that with the independent suspension as you lower the car in the rear you will gain a small amount of negative camber (this is unlike the solid axles of years past) helping with your tire clearance.

posts like these are just one of many reasons i love this forum! Even if I get a little flack for going with the V6. I learn a little something nearly every time I log on!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the replies!

I was really worried the tire would make contact with the fender edge going over a bump.

@15COPP - I was looking at the pictures of your cars in the other thread. (really nice!) Do both you and the wife have the same lowering springs (BMR SP080)?