self tuning w/ procharger

I have just bought a used procharger p1sc kit with a 3core intercooler and a 10 psi pulley. I have a diablo predator for my car and was wondering if I could use it to tune my car until I have enough money for a dyno tune? I was wondering if anyone had some insight on the fuel and timing curves for a procharged 2002 mustang gt? maybe fan temps to? other mods are borla catback, shorties, trickflow upper intake, aluminum driveshaft and pulleys. I am going to have a stock fuel pump with a BAP and 42# injectors for now,SCT big air slot style sensor w/ housing, there will def be upgrades in the future. Also when I take it to the dyno do they use my predator to do the dyno tune? I was looking around on the predator today and found how to tune off the trac control :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Don't think for a minute your local dyno tuner will use your handheld for anything more than an interface...a passthrough to your car's computer. They will not create the tune on your handheld. You really need a true dyno tune or you'll be just guessing. Also understand that the amount of end user change that is available on the Diablo is very minimal.

That said, I'd head over the www.diablosport.com and into their forums for some help. Still, without a proper tune, you could be driving a hand grenade. And how much fun is this car going to be with a blower if you can't squeeze it for fear of blowing up?

If you're gonna self tune then I'd recommend getting a Sniper tuning system, a wideband AFR gauge, and a labtop and start there. There are some scan tools that allow you to monitor the fuel trims and RPMs while operating your car so you can get away with one of those and a Sniper tune if you don't have an AFR gauge. I'd say write a safe moderate tune with Sniper, flash it in, and then the scan tool will tell you if the car is pulling or adding fuel throughout the entire rpm range so you can make adjustments accordingly. This won't tell you the exact air/fuel ratio but it'll be safe for an everyday street tune. As long as you don't get crazy you will be fine. There are people who use this software to tune some wild combinations. I tuned my Mustang that had a 5.4 supercharged engine using the same software. You just have to be extremely careful, do your research, and keep an eye and ear out for any engine trouble...

Or you can buy the SCT X3 tuner with the SCT pro racing package. Don is very helpful and will help you if he's able to.

Here is Dons web site. The package costs $728, but that also includes his very own personal training video on how to use the pro racing product. That is a must for any beginner tuner.

SCT Pro Racer Packages PRP

Sniper is great as well, but SCT is more wide spread, so if you wanted a custom dyno tune after you tuned the basics it wouldn't cost as much as if you were to start a fresh tune. Sniper isn't as wildly used by tuners, but there are many so check by your location and your future plans.

Or you can buy the SCT X3 tuner with the SCT pro racing package. Don is very helpful and will help you if he's able to.

Here is Dons web site. The package costs $728, but that also includes his very own personal training video on how to use the pro racing product. That is a must for any beginner tuner.

SCT Pro Racer Packages PRP

Sniper is great as well, but SCT is more wide spread, so if you wanted a custom dyno tune after you tuned the basics it wouldn't cost as much as if you were to start a fresh tune. Sniper isn't as wildly used by tuners, but there are many so check by your location and your future plans.
+1...!!