Seperate Electronics Package

• Sponsors (?)

GTfrod,

Hello, my name is Justin from Ford Customer Service. Your local Ford dealership will be able to have these parts ordered and installed for you. Please contact them to get this taken care of. If you need assistance with anything else please feel free to message me.

Thank you,
Justin
Ford Customer Service Division

The complete radio and HVAC assembly (essentially the entire center console) have to be replaced, for starters. The GPS antenna must be added, and the computer's control systems (CAN bus, etc) must be reprogrammed. Essentially, you're disassembling the entire front half of the interior.

I was also told that there was a very good possibility that adding this after the car has already been built will create lots of bugs and issues. In other words, it would "never work right." That's why I'm seriously considering installing that GPS mirror.

Hi Everyone,

I'm Justin with Ford Customer Service. In most vehicles the SYNC microphone is located in the rear view mirror. The newer models have the microphone located in the head rest. I would recommend consulting with your local Ford dealer to find out where it is located in your vehicle.

If you have any questions related to vehicle availability, options, pricing, comparison, or information on a new production vehicle, please feel free to message me or contact our Marketing Program Headquarters at 1-800-334-4375.

Thank you,
Justin
Ford Customer Service Division