Sequential MSPNP

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
Claremore, OK
Emailed DYiAutoTune early October about being able to do sequential injection rather than batch fire as the MSPNP 2 currently does. Ben Berusch emailed me back and said they are working sequential version of the ECU that will have some other advancements as well. He went on to say that he has that car on the dyno now and is hoping to have that hardware into production for release this winter or next spring.

He asked if I was in the Atlanta area as he might need one or two more test cars. If I was close I’d jump all over that but not the case unfortunately.

This is more of an FYI and also a fishing expedition to see if any of you have heard this as well. I really want to move to the MSPNP but I do not want to go to SD. Just a personal preference.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Haven't heard that, although when mine gets here I'll be staying maf for now, as I'm as close to stock as can be.
After the 347 is in then the fun begins.
This is probably best moved to Steve's digital tuning, he's the stangnet guru., And who help me decide and ordered me my mspnp2.

I thought about putting it there but did not want it to get lost as being able to have sequential fire may do for others as it will for me in that batch fire is the only thing holding me up from ditching the A9L and SCT chip.

So there are a few different plug and play systems already available out there.

From DIYautotune is the MS2pnp this is MS2 based and is batch fire

From EFIsource they have both a microsquirt system [ uses same brain as the ms2pnp ] and they have the "GoldBox" system, the gold box is MS3 based and is sequential

From Stinger Performance is the Pimpxs this is MS3 based and is full sequential.

I am a dealer with DIY auto tune and they are working on many systems currently.

So to clarify I am wanting to retain my factory ECU harness which is what I inquired about and it sounds like that will be possible here in a few months. If you could find out if that is the case it would be much appreciated.

No its possible right now.....
https://www.efisource.com/wp/shop/ms3-gold-box-for-1986-93-ford-5-0-mustang/
this one uses an adapter harness and is full sequential. you wire in the 3 bar map sensor

This plugs right into the factory harness with no adapters.

Both of these are full sequential fuel MS3 based systems, they use the same tuning software.
If you already had a MS2PNP installed, would it just mean swapping out the unit for the PimpXS? I have a Innovate DLG-1 installed.

Last edited:
For me its the fact that it plugs directly into my existing ECU harness (see Post #5) and fits the existing ECU bracket. Over the last couple of years I have bought a new Ford ECU harness, new O2 harness, and new injection harness with the thought of putting all of them in the car this year and then sending the A9L off to the ECU exchange to get new caps, power supply, etc. installed for long term reliability. More and more I want a new ECU as the A9l is over 30 years old so the equivalent here is a 386 processor and running Windows 95. I want to move to a faster ECU with more capabilities as I know I am leaving power on the table with the A9L and SCT chip. Might not be more than 20 hp but I know the car will improve on the overall driving response in a lot of areas that are small but all add up to create a more crisp experience. I know this car inside and out so I will notice all of it where someone who did not build the car and own it the last 20+ years may not. So in other words this is something I want to do as I know it will make driving the car a lot more enjoyable.

I am also tired of paying $350 to hit the dyno everytime I change something. a91what is going to remote tune it then I will take it from there.

Im running the PimpXS and love it so far. Does everything i need plus some.

FYI as stated earlier the Pimpxs plugs directly into your factory harness and uses a Ford case so it fits in the stock
location.

Update from DIY Autotune:

The last of the parts finally made it in just yesterday. We are finally ready to actually build and will be getting a handful of first articles in the next couple of weeks, followed by full production release.

Ben Berusch
DIYAutoTune Technical Support

Looks like I will be in possession of one of these here shortly.

It's late enough now in the year now that I am just going to buy the MSPNP, wide band O2's, and whatever else I need to do the install over the winter. I want to drive the car and don't want to start fighting something and not enjoy the summer and fall driving time.

I will detail the install and hopefully it will just be a remote tune and enjoy....yeah, I know.

I’m about to install my MS3X box I built, but part of me really likes the idea of plug-and-play factory built ECU in terms of perceived reliability.

Im sure my box will work fine, but it’s a numbers game. My box is set up essentially as a one-of-one meanwhile production, mass-built units just have numbers on their side in terms of ironing out the bugs.

Im running the PimpXS and love it so far. Does everything i need plus some.

FYI as stated earlier the Pimpxs plugs directly into your factory harness and uses a Ford case so it fits in the stock
location.
X2

Installed a PimpXS 2 years ago. Amazing product and support, my only regret is not buying one sooner. Highly recommended.