Serious Help needed...!!! For real...!!

Makdaddymac

May 28, 2005
orlando
Sally wont start.

Im pissed i was gonna take my car to the body shop today finally.. And she wont start...Im getting a clicking noise.... i cahnged the solenoid in hope of a burned out one...well that wasnt the problem it seems...It kept clicking (battery is fine by the way good voltage) now i cant get nothing..i saw smoke coming off the ground wire near the battery...And now nothing no clicking to windows no lights etc.....WTF did i do....

• Sponsors (?)

alright shes up and running starter was fudged....Im happy i thought i had a serious fry in the ignition or something the way it was acting.....Anyways its good still had to pass the test of time to see if its something shorting out the starter...

yesterday i went to start my 5.0 and nothing. Replaced the solenoid,nothing. After doing so every time you would go to put a cable on the battery depending which one was already connected first the other would spark and heat up and even one time smoked a lil....So i was pissed. then i said well hey lets pull the starter and go to the store to have them test it or pick up a new one!!! installed it a bam perfecto...drove it to work and back nothing was wrong......Now pay attention. I went to start it up this morning and the dam thing fires up starts reving it self the shifter(manual tranny) gave a grinding noise like it was eating some teeth. i turned it off and it kept runing just enough to pull the pullies etc. I pulled the battery cable to kill it. And now im scared to ever work on that thing again. What the FLIPNFUDRUCKERS is my problem is it possibly a short in the battery,did i fud up the ecm.....the whole gears winding thing couldve actually been the starter, but i had my hand on the shifter and i felt something.....:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
im screwed..but thankful cause both times it wouldnt start i was in my yard:rolleyes: I love this car....But for real what the hell is going on

Makdaddymac said:
yesterday i went to start my 5.0 and nothing. Replaced the solenoid,nothing. After doing so every time you would go to put a cable on the battery depending which one was already connected first the other would spark and heat up and even one time smoked a lil....So i was pissed. then i said well hey lets pull the starter and go to the store to have them test it or pick up a new one!!! installed it a bam perfecto...drove it to work and back nothing was wrong......Now pay attention. I went to start it up this morning and the dam thing fires up starts reving it self the shifter(manual tranny) gave a grinding noise like it was eating some teeth. i turned it off and it kept runing just enough to pull the pullies etc. I pulled the battery cable to kill it. And now im scared to ever work on that thing again. What the FLIPNFUDRUCKERS is my problem is it possibly a short in the battery,did i fud up the ecm.....the whole gears winding thing couldve actually been the starter, but i had my hand on the shifter and i felt something.....:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
im screwed..but thankful cause both times it wouldnt start i was in my yard:rolleyes: I love this car....But for real what the hell is going on

My car did the same thing one time. I tried to start it and when it fired up the car tried to stall and start at the same time. It made a grinding noise like the starter tried to engage after the flywheel was already spinning. I turned the car off and it kept trying to turn over. I didn't have any tools so I pulled the ignition wire off the soleniod and it kept trying to turn over. Finally I turned the key and it fired right up. That was 2 months ago and I haven't had a problem since.

My thinking is that the problem is my soleniod. If it were the ignition switch it should have cut off when I pulled the ignition wire. My soleniod is only 4 months old (2 at time of incident).

Hope this helps.

ok what the hell does this mean.. i m not saying you advice is worhtless bro. but how come i keep getting a spark up when trying to connect the bat cables.....maybe the compueter is calibrating something and it hasnt reset yet???

ok Well i hope u figure out what the problem is cause as of right now im having the same exact friggin problem. I crank it over and all i get is a clicking sound. and before that the damn car was acting like it was possessed it would try to start itself and just kept grinding. I just went to auto zone and the guy there seems pretty knowledgeable so i tell him my prob and he tells me i might have a bad conn with my battery cables so i cleaned them up (but they werent dirty to begind wit), bought a new solenoid still same clicking when i try to start itso now im at a complete loss any help would be greatly appreciated by Mac and myself lol HELPPP

Makdaddymac said:
ok what the hell does this mean.. i m not saying you advice is worhtless bro. but how come i keep getting a spark up when trying to connect the bat cables.....maybe the compueter is calibrating something and it hasnt reset yet???

Sorry man, I didn't see the first couple of entries on this thread. I guess that was some info from a different thread that they merged. It seems like your problem is a little more involved than mine. Good luck.

Cmurda26 said:
ok Well i hope u figure out what the problem is cause as of right now im having the same exact friggin problem. I crank it over and all i get is a clicking sound. and before that the damn car was acting like it was possessed it would try to start itself and just kept grinding. I just went to auto zone and the guy there seems pretty knowledgeable so i tell him my prob and he tells me i might have a bad conn with my battery cables so i cleaned them up (but they werent dirty to begind wit), bought a new solenoid still same clicking when i try to start itso now im at a complete loss any help would be greatly appreciated by Mac and myself lol HELPPP

What I would do first is trace your ground wire from your battery and make sure that it is 100% grounded and that there is no grease, dirt, crud, or anything else that may make it questionable. Also make sure that it is in good condition, no tears and such. Make sure that the connectors at the terminals are good. There are other wires at the solonoid that are used for other things, trace these wires down, including the alternator wire and the wire that leads down to the starter. My guess on this would be that there is a short to the alternator that is creating this problem but with out being there and without a volt meter it is had to tell you for sure.