Shaker 1000 owners

Osiris

I'm married to a crazy, Danish broad
Founding Member
Oct 29, 1999
San Antonio. TX
What have you done about the immense rattling caused by this badass sound system?

maybe its just my car but my rear deck rattles a lot and I've just discovered that there's even more rattling when the trunk is completely empty. I have a couple heavy boxes back there now and I've just noticed that the rattling is vastly reduced.

I'm thinking there must be a better way...Dynamat by chance?

You'd think Ford would have taken into account that this powerful system has the potential to shake the whole bloody interior loose and would have done something about it, but.....

Anyhow...thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, Dynamat!!!!! Take every piece out of your trunk...spare tire and jack included. Any bare metal you can see and reach(including the bottom side of the decklid)...Dynamat it. Even remove your license plate and do the back side of it. I did that to the rear of my Jetta back in the spring and it made a huge difference(I even took the carpeting off the back ledge and Dynamated that whole area as well. I have an Alpine amp rated at 637 watts pushing 2-12" Kickers.
Your music will become much louder inside. Not only does it make the metal less resistant to vibration, it blocks out the road noise as well...which could affect your exhaust sound inside the car. I have yet to do it to the Stang, but will more than likely do it once the weather warms back up in late spring.

In this picture, I removed every bit of carpeting in the trunk, even the piece on the bottom of the deacklid. All of that area got the Dynamat.
DSC01194.jpg

In this picture you can see the rear ledge. I Dynamated the whole area you see plus did the top side as well.
DSC01195.jpg

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nroLwrIyFwm/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?search=dynamat&skipvs=T&g=181250
It is pricey, but well worth it in the long run!!!!! I definitely suggest getting a roller as pictured. It helps it adhere better to the surface and molds it to the contour of the panels. I used the Dynamat 10455 Xtreme kit. Like I said, if you can see it...cover it.

Attachments

• DSC01194.jpg
    DSC01194.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01195.jpg
    DSC01195.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 55