Shelby Gt350 Exhaust

darthapple35

Jun 25, 2012
okay people with original 1965 shelby gt350's, even though I dont have an original or even a hipo motor, whats the closest way to replicating the exhaust. I have the reproduction glasspack side exhaust and it doesnt sound quite as aggressive as I would like it to be like the gt350's did. Should I blow out the glasspacks? Would blowing out the glasspacks sound just like straight pipes(i dont want straight pipes sound)?
Also you guys with original gt350s can you post some sound clips so I can compare the two sounds. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure where the problem is. Motive makes an excellent reproduction of the 65 GT350 exhaust. As for the glasspacks, the packing traditionally goes bad fairly quickly, so don't worry about that. Horse makes a good point, too- If you have recreated the 289HP engine, which is surprisingly easy, it's gonna sound good, period. Even through a stock Mustang exhaust system, that C3OZ-6250-C cam sounds agressive.

this is a 65 replica i built with my brother using all origional shelby equipment
except the exhaust ,that i made my selfe it had resinators for muflers from a gm pick up. at an idle it had a wonderfull sound ,when you stood on it sounded like a nasscar
comming down the road ,the motor was a 347 stroker with comp cams 292 cam
sweetest sound you ever heard but i cant rember the part number for the resinators
went to a car show in visalia ca. kept seeing this black cow boy hat bobing up and down around the car, turned out it was shelbys crew chief .he asked me if it was real or not
i told him it was a replica ,he told me fooled me nice job,that was cool ,next day i was talking with steve davis now pres. of barrett jackson ,he said shelby him selfe saw the car and told him it was one of the nicest replicas he has seen, that was a thrill. won first place over 3 real shelbys and a 429 boss and several nicly restored mustangs. wish
i still had it
Picture 051.jpg

this is a 65 replica i built with my brother using all origional shelby equipment
except the exhaust ,that i made my selfe it had resinators for muflers from a gm pick up. at an idle it had a wonderfull sound ,when you stood on it sounded like a nasscar
comming down the road ,the motor was a 347 stroker with comp cams 292 cam
sweetest sound you ever heard but i cant rember the part number for the resinators
went to a car show in visalia ca. kept seeing this black cow boy hat bobing up and down around the car, turned out it was shelbys crew chief .he asked me if it was real or not
i told him it was a replica ,he told me fooled me nice job,that was cool ,next day i was talking with steve davis now pres. of barrett jackson ,he said shelby him selfe saw the car and told him it was one of the nicest replicas he has seen, that was a thrill. won first place over 3 real shelbys and a 429 boss and several nicly restored mustangs. wish
i still had it
Picture 051.jpg
THATS SICK!!!! and yeah can you post audio clips?