• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

shift kits?

  • Thread starter Thread starter optionizerSS
  • Start date Start date Jun 8, 2023
O

optionizerSS

Active Member
Apr 23, 2023
205
37
38
Jun 8, 2023
#1
  • Jun 8, 2023
  • #1
Any recommendations or advice? Never installed one but used to build engines so I can figure it out. The 2 I know of are Trans-Go and B&M. Any others? Any that I should avoid or should get? Any tips? Basically anything...lol. Looks like B&M has 2 stages. Should I avoid stage 2? or possibly stage 1? I have had shift kits and manual valve bodies in previous cars but trans shops built those.

For reference: Have a 1995 GT all stock. As of now my plans are shift kit then over winter maybe 3.73s (have 3.27's now) and MAYBE a slight convertor upgrade. After all that I MAY possibly go with either GT40 heads and intake or aftermarket heads with GT40 intake but those would be down the road another year or so. And if I go that far I may toss a cam in but I don't want to go over about 300 HP. Don't want to affect driveability, reliability or any computer crap so cam may stay stock because of that.
 

87slow.0

Member
Aug 24, 2020
26
11
13
Indiana
Aug 21, 2023
#2
  • Aug 21, 2023
  • #2
I've heard good things about the bauman shift kitsch. I've got one it was 60 bucks. I was intimidated with taking apart the vb so I bought the performance automatic street/strip valve body and installed that along with the transgo hirev governer kit. With 4.10 gears my cars wot shifts in drive are both at 5500 rpm. That paired with a edge 3500-3800 nonlockup stall made my car feel like a totally different ride!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
280
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
217
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
Engine Hiccup at full throttle
  • keel
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
31
Views
929
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
keel
Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
534
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
H
Forced Induction On3 Turbo Kit- Parts list NEEDED - 302 Stock Motor
  • Hirothecool1
  • Feb 27, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
21
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Mar 7, 2026
slow84lx
S
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?