Fox Short block suggestions

• Sponsors (?)

I have made up my mind to sell the 1990 lx and buy a 2015 - 2018 mustang gt. So if anybody looking for a nice fox or if y’all no of anyone looking for one message me . I will be advertising it on Facebook foxbody groups in a couple of weeks just got a few interior parts that I orderd to install and then she is up for sale .

The used to in the early 2000’s

Looking through my catalog, you could get everything from a “econo long block” from $2800 to $6000 high performance engines

I seem to remember new short blocks were around $1500

I’ve always found the reviews on Blueprint to be mixed. The factory five cobra replica guys love them. On here I’ve often found negative reviews. I have no experience with them, but they do seem to be one of the last remaining options short of buying an engine off Ed Curtis or one of the other big name shops around
The E-7 5.0 long block I upgraded to from a 302 was a long block that did not stop using oil. The installing shop was crappy about honoring the warranty and blamed the lack of coverage on Blueprint, my carb, and anything else they could. The valve guides were knurled, not replaced.
The short block was likely fine as compression was good.
If I had a garage space at the time, I would have done it myself, but the 302 lost a bearing on the highway to my new job and the shop was recommended by Blueprint.

I have made up my mind to sell the 1990 lx and buy a 2015 - 2018 mustang gt. So if anybody looking for a nice fox or if y’all no of anyone looking for one message me . I will be advertising it on Facebook foxbody groups in a couple of weeks just got a few interior parts that I orderd to install and then she is up for sale .
Why not have both?

Location?

I’m actually debating selling my fox and buy a 15-17 coyote mustang . Drove one the other day and had no idea how strong those cars are and super comfortable!!
Gotta do what you gotta do. If that will make you happy, do it.

The new Stang's are very nice and run well, no question, but I love my foxbody. It has a personality all it's own that new cars with all their refinement do not have.

Plus I cannot put an antique plate on a New mustang and have it be safety and emissions inspection exempt. Also can't get full coverage on it with hagaety for $140 per year either.

It's all in what you want and what is important to you. I bought my fox as a throwback to my youth that no modern car would give me. It does a very good job of it.

The new ones are fast and comfortable so if all I wanted to do was clean, wash and wax it and do general maintenance, it would be nice in that aspect.

Reactions: 2 users
Gotta do what you gotta do. If that will make you happy, do it.

The new Stang's are very nice and run well, no question, but I love my foxbody. It has a personality all it's own that new cars with all their refinement do not have.

Plus I cannot put an antique plate on a New mustang and have it be safety and emissions inspection exempt. Also can't get full coverage on it with hagaety for $140 per year either.

It's all in what you want and what is important to you. I bought my fox as a throwback to my youth that no modern car would give me. It does a very good job of it.

The new ones are fast and comfortable so if all I wanted to do was clean, wash and wax it and do general maintenance, it would be nice in that aspect.
I bought my 82 RS new with 4 speed and 7.5, later with T5 and 8.8 (3.55) upgrades. I could never divorce my love even after 40 years! And besides nothing sounds like a Windsor 5.0.

Reactions: 1 users
I think that's where I am in life.
Nothing wrong with that brother. There's no right or wrong here, it's all personal preference. I hope to be able to spin wrenches as long as I'm healthy and independent, we'll see what God had planned for me.

My car is mostly all stock at this point and who knows if I'll ever do the engine mods I'm thinking about. Typically, with older vehicles, the more radical you go, the less reliable, generally.

My car is just a cruiser, and as such after get the top replaced hopefully this year and do the interior next year, I'll be to the point of just driving, cleaning and doing general maintenance and repairs as they come up.

My car doesn't take much work at this point really anyway and I only put 500 or so miles on it per year.